Adopt a Noob

Options
It's coming up and last year I didn't participate due to really heavy clientele load. But I will participate this year. Due to my hectic schedule, I can only take 2 noobs at the very most. You can message me if I'm your choice and on Dec 31st, I'll let you know if you're chosen. Since my time is REALLY valuable, I expect that people who want my help NEED TO BE 100% committed. Many will think they will be, but the reality is that many give up after a month or so. So make it worth my while and I'll make sure you get the guidance you need.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• jjkh5970
    jjkh5970 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    So how do you help on here? Interested
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    <3 You are thee best.
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I’m in pick me pick me! 😊
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    What are the requirements of the noob? What exactly are you providing?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

@DancingMoosie you've been around longer than I have... so how could you be in the running?!?!?! :grey_question:

This would be like me asking @ninerbuff to adopt me as his noob--which would be very useful to me... if this was still 2014! :lol: <and he could still probably teach me a trick or two, even though I'm an old dog!> :wink:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I wasn't necessarily asking to be in the running...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

@DancingMoosie you've been around longer than I have... so how could you be in the running?!?!?! :grey_question:

This would be like me asking @ninerbuff to adopt me as his noob--which would be very useful to me... if this was still 2014! :lol: <and he could still probably teach me a trick or two, even though I'm an old dog!> :wink:

Eat more protein, fruits and vegetables. Lift weights atleast 3 days a week.... Dont know what the personal training rates are in Canada... So, that will be at least $50U.S. ... that's like 200 CAD... right? 🤣
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I wasn't necessarily asking to be in the running...
    You should be in the running. Nothing like taking a noob under your wing and helping them out. NOVA will put out the thread near the beginning of the year asking for volunteers to guide noobs. You should be one of them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I still feel like I have so many questions on my own training. But I do help others when I can🙂

Either we keep learning or go extinct... I agree.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Niner, I think there is a post from Alex (new Nova now) somewhere saying there won't be an adopt a noob this year. But I don't swear to that.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I would love some guidance. My hope, expectation and plan is to make 2020 the year I stop flip flopping! Thanks for even making something like this available. Fingers crossed!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Niner, I think there is a post from Alex (new Nova now) somewhere saying there won't be an adopt a noob this year. But I don't swear to that.
    Alex and Nova are heads of the the dept. I used to be a moderator on here so I know that for sure. I let them know that I was available this year and they said that's great, so so far I haven't heard it's not going to be up for this year.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • PAV8888
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Alex and Nova are heads of the the dept. I used to be a moderator on here so I know that for sure. I let them know that I was available this year and they said that's great, so so far I haven't heard it's not going to be up for this year.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Hmm. I'm still confused about the name changes that happened, what was it, about 3 years ago? Re the adopt a noob thread, I think we got badges instead 😹 but it would have been a post by Alex
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Hmm. I'm still confused about the name changes that happened, what was it, about 3 years ago? Re the adopt a noob thread, I think we got badges instead 😹 but it would have been a post by Alex
    So Alex is lead and Nova is right hand for Alex. According to Alex, they are doing Adopt a Noob different, but it will be posted next week. Anyway, I'll see what's up and go from there. Apparently it was ran different last year and since I was out of the loop, I wasn't aware.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you chosen?? Am I too late?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jjkh5970 wrote: »
    So how do you help on here? Interested
    I’m in pick me pick me! 😊
    Have you chosen?? Am I too late?

I'm not sure if there will be any official "adoption" since it's not me, but a good way to catch @ninerbuff is to join him on the thread he's had going since 2011. I see a trend in the fact that he keeps himself accountable, and brings along others as he can.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

As for the general idea of the thread, I never quite understood why the original "Adopt a Noob" idea stopped. I thought it seemed fairly popular with the newcomers.