if you know your going to go over-do you log?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I like to know what my weekly average is (even if it includes a 4000+ day), then I know exactly why I am NOT losing (and I don't have to ask the board :wink: ).
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I do... think of it as if you don't log something, you're taking the first step toward falling back into old habits.... a bad day is a bad day.... nothing more, nothing less... but if you don't log it to remind yourself, it may become the first in many.
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I log, even though I hate it I log.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I only log when I behave

Only logging when you behave is cheating yourself. You need to be able to recognize your trends, so you can address them. If it's truly a once in a while thing, then what's the harm in logging?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It depends, I don't really log weekends so if it falls on a weekend then no, if it falls during the week when I would normally be logging anyway, absolutely. I'm almost always under on any given day anyway, so I don't sweat it I just log it.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    YES, YES, YES!!!

It keeps my splurges in check and I try to balance it out through the week.
  • change_happens
    Options
    logging is a good thing. i log everything. i read on here somehwere, "if you bite it, write it."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    On Fathers Day (Sunday here in Australia) we are having a morning tea then a dinner. I know I will be going over calories. I don't care! Do you still log everything you ate or just skip it on a day like that?
    This will only happen a few times in the 1-2 months it will take me to lose the weight...
    I don't log on weekends because I have no idea what I'll be eating. My family has parties ALL the time so to figure out what calories are in the foods we have (everyone's homemade dishes recipes are different) would drive me nuts. Only thing I log is my weight, up or down.
  • Racheyj76
    Racheyj76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYthing even if I know it will embarrass me. I had one day I did not log as we were out 2 days in a row and I forgot what I ate on the first day.
    It keeps me accountable on all days to log everything.

Rachel
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Log everything! But don't worry about going over, especially if you stay under maintenenace. And (reasonable) cheat days are not only part of a good diet, they can even help you lose more (supposedly) by tricking your metabolism.
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything even when I have a splurge meal. Helps keep me accountable.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Yes everything. Just do it!! :wink:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I log everything good or bad. Sunday's are my 'eat whatever the hell I want day'....sometimes it's positively painful to look at my log on those day LOL
  • yente
    Options
    I'd like to say I log everything but...I don't. If I only go a little over I do but if I go a lot over I don't. Sometimes when I go over its because I don't know the calories so I use that as an excuse to not log. I think it's useful to log everything even if over.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I always log unless I am unable to get to a computer for a few days but even then I do my best to go back and enter everything
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    I do... think of it as if you don't log something, you're taking the first step toward falling back into old habits.... a bad day is a bad day.... nothing more, nothing less... but if you don't log it to remind yourself, it may become the first in many.

I don't really have bad habits. I have always eaten healthy food at lest 90% of the time and exercised. I just ate (umm drunk?!) a bit too much while on holiday and gained 4kg.

But yeah I suppose I agree with the posters who say it is a good incentive to keep ultra healthy the rest of the week.
    I just dont like the thought of thinking, must log the scone, cupcake, tart, quiche etc rather than just enjoying the food and knowing it's a one off.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I DO....even if my numbers are in BIG BOLD RED!!! it just helps me keep track of MY days, how often it occurs & I try not to do it too often. But when it happens it's still part of my journey. I know every day can't be perfect.
  • aab2011
    Options
    I used to only log when I behaved. And then I went on vacation to laughlin for a weekend and I didn't log at all, I came back and had lost 2.5 lbs. So now I log everything that way if you see you have lost you know what you can do the next time to not mess with the scale!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I log everything no matter what. Even if it is just my best estimate.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When you don't log you are only cheating yourself. If you eat bad one day you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If I wanna eat something that's not as healthy I make sure I burn the calories before hand so they don't count towards my daily.

LOG IT!!