What book are you reading?

Replies

• Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Stormlight Archives. I’m obsessed. Best book I read in 2019.

Gotta love some Sanderson!

Has anyone read the Arc Of the Scythe? By Neal Shusterman. I need discussion pals.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    I love US/UK punk journals.

"Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys.: A Memoir"
    - Viv Albertine

ytpdcdbcw2am.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Twisted 26 by Janet Evanovich. Just finished The Honey Bus by Meredith May, and The Dog Who Saved Me by hmmm, can't remember.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    A Clash of Kings and The Obesity Code (recommend).
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    I'm over halfway through "Break Point" by Ollie Ollerton. Just like the other lads from SAS Who Dares Wins TV show, Ollie inspires us to achieve and to believe in ourselves.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I love US/UK punk journals.

"Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys.: A Memoir"
    - Viv Albertine

ytpdcdbcw2am.png

This looks intriguing, definitely. I'm very into memoirs, particularly of people I'm not already super-familiar with or a fan of.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2020
    Good book
    bwbecsgt7sx4.jpg

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Reading: The Shape of Night (Tess Gerritsen)

Just finished listening to: Run Away (Harlan Coben)
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm 1/2 through The Whisper Man. Very good so far and a bit creepy. I never get scared by movies or books but this one has given me the chills more than a couple times so far. Can't wait to finish it.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    beckyrpl wrote: »
    Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It made me cry, and I am NOT one who cries.....

I LOVED this book!!!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Reading: The Shape of Night (Tess Gerritsen)

Just finished listening to: Run Away (Harlan Coben)

Two of my very favorite authors!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Clint Emerson's "The Right Kind of Crazy: My Life as a Navy SEAL, Covert Operative and Boy Scout from Hell."
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Clint Emerson's "The Right Kind of Crazy: My Life as a Navy SEAL, Covert Operative and Boy Scout from Hell."

Lol ... Am on Chapter 11 ... Shocking🤤🤒
  • TarryTaffy
    edited January 2020
    mathdad41 wrote: »
    I'm 1/2 through The Whisper Man. Very good so far and a bit creepy. I never get scared by movies or books but this one has given me the chills more than a couple times so far. Can't wait to finish it.

Oh, boy. The Amazon reviews show everyone's freaked out by this book. I have to read it. BTW, from his Amazon bio:

"Alex North was born in Leeds, England, where he now lives with his wife and son. The Whisper Man was inspired by North's own little boy, who mentioned one day that he was playing with "the boy in the floor." Alex North is a British crime writer who has previously published under another name."

I'd love to know his other name... I'll see if I can find out. Those other books might be worth a read.

Have you read any of John Saul's books?
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Gorky Tarp
  • TarryTaffy
    Well, boo... I was page 1 into reading Richard Hell's "I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp" in the continuation of my 1970s US/UK punk journal tour, but went to get my mail an hour ago, set it on the bench & it was so surprisingly cold & windy, I had instant brain freeze & walked away. So did the book. :(

Reordering...
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky! I love it so far~
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Game change: the life and death of Steve Montador by Ken Dryden. I'm halfway through.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Sixty Feet Six Inches- Bob Gibson - Reggie Jackson
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Margaret Attwood - The Testements