Started 2020 in the 300s

Options

Replies

• Ragamuffin14
    Ragamuffin14 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello, I read your message board and would really love to join your group. My breaking point was my daughter's wedding in November. I just weighed myself and I'm over 400 lbs. at 55 years. I don't want to live forever just a bit longer so I decided the best way is to jump back into a more healthy lifestyle one step at a time. I could use the support I've lost weight off and on but ready for something more permanent.

Sounds like you would be a perfect fit for my group,. I hardly ever take any pictures with the family anymore for special occasions, it is kinda sad... I will send you an invite shortly!!!
  • saltamirano0812
    saltamirano0812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join the group too :)
  • michellearauz1118
    Options
    Hi.
    Same here was having such a great time all 2019 that didn’t notice my weight until my jeans didn’t go back up. Lol
    I need to lose at least 20-30 lbs
  • woodsie1979
    woodsie1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I am now 222lbs but have about 80 to lose, am I ok to join your group? I've managed to lose 100lbs so far but have about started to lose my motivation to diet! x
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    same boat here too... hoping this time around I can stick to it :(
  • SpookyDoots
    SpookyDoots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SDane86 wrote: »
    I started 2020 at 460, ready to right the ship. Best of luck on your mission/adventure!

Same man, I know how you feel.
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    Hi I am now 222lbs but have about 80 to lose, am I ok to join your group? I've managed to lose 100lbs so far but have about started to lose my motivation to diet! x

Wow 100 pounds already??? I'm totally in awe, that is fantastic!!!! I look forward to any suggestions you might have for the rest of us starting out. Great job so far, I hope you keep going!
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    Hi.
    Same here was having such a great time all 2019 that didn’t notice my weight until my jeans didn’t go back up. Lol
    I need to lose at least 20-30 lbs

I will add you to the group, might be fun having the point of view of what i would consider a skinny person 😉 they say diversity is key hehehe.
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    fedup2010 wrote: »
    same boat here too... hoping this time around I can stick to it :(

I will add you to the group, i hope you can bring the glue, I think all of us will need it!
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    I want to join the group too :)

@saltamirano0812 I sent the invite to the group, do you see it??? Just curious, because I'm still learning on this thing and it's saying pending.
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    Wohoooo. Just hit 299.8,. It's been a while since i have been there!!!! Just wanted to share with everyone. I definitely notice how much being a part of a judge free private group makes a difference this time around in my journey!!!!

If you have a lot to loose like me and need to keep engaged to keep going, send me a note and I will add you to my group!!

Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • jodyleewallace
    jodyleewallace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best of luck in reaching your goal! I know where you're coming from. It's not easy, but it's doable. :);)
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I started at 300 lbs. Lost down to 198. Then slowly crept back up to 250. I have been working on losing weight since October and I am currently down to 213 as of this morning. I still have 38 lbs to loose before I am at a normal BMI. I wouldn't mind joining your group as everyone can use support and the support I have received in this community has helped me a great deal to stay motivated.
  • froggrl83
    froggrl83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Been yo-yo dieting most of my adult life... hoping to find what works for me and stick to it this time! Tired of being in pain from my weight and making excuses. Haven't been brave enough to step on the scale yet but I know I'm over 300 :( Looking for help and motivation!
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group!
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    I'd love to join the group!

@cheesenobiscuit I have added you!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    Options
    I just restarted my journey on Jan. 1st down 10lb.....wanted to wish you the very best on your journey....feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader :)
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    froggrl83 wrote: »
    Hi there! Been yo-yo dieting most of my adult life... hoping to find what works for me and stick to it this time! Tired of being in pain from my weight and making excuses. Haven't been brave enough to step on the scale yet but I know I'm over 300 :( Looking for help and motivation!

@froggrl83 I totally hear that my friend!!!!! That is where I was a few months ago, and then for me I realized it wasn't logging of food or exercising that would KEEP me moving along the straight path, it will be the people i talk to along the way that will help pull me kicking and screaming lol!!!! So this time I started with connection as my first habit down my healthier me path. I hope it is a good first step for you too!!!
  • Ragamuffin14
    Options
    Well I am back in the 300s, easy go easy come??? Lmao!!!! Thought I would post back in here that I'm still ticking along....I'm not giving up just yet... My group of amazing people are still helping me move forward. Love that I am surrounded by others in the same boat.... Onward and downward I go! Lol

If there are others out there who would love a safe place to post through their long journey, let me know and I'll add you!

Hugz, Lyn
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. Add me to your group

quote="Ragamuffin14;d-10777860"]Well I got a slap of reality when I stepped on the scale Jan 1st, After ignoring my weight and the scale for a while... I am tired of being sore and tired carrying all this extra weight, and i think i hit my rock bottom. I would love to connect with other members who are in the same situation, so I have started a private group "Started 2020 in the 300s" for this purpose. I look forward to doing it right one step at a time! Good luck everyone in reaching your goals!!!
    Lyn[/quote]
    Well I got a slap of reality when I stepped on the scale Jan 1st, After ignoring my weight and the scale for a while... I am tired of being sore and tired carrying all this extra weight, and i think i hit my rock bottom. I would love to connect with other members who are in the same situation, so I have started a private group "Started 2020 in the 300s" for this purpose. I look forward to doing it right one step at a time! Good luck everyone in reaching your goals!!!
    Lyn