Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, varied squats were on my program today. Front squats were the hardest.
  • brian_nelson45
    brian_nelson45 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    38.5 years old here... in or out??
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Back & Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    38.5 years old here... in or out??

IN!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Alright 2020, here I come.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the gym for a couple of weeks, but I've been walking with the dog regularly. Back at it this week.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the gym for a couple of weeks, but I've been walking with the dog regularly. Back at it this week.

Go Steve!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start" & "Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 20"! 60#=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Kids.

Had a false start with my training build last week, due to a lingering sinus infection. Needed to take a full week off.

Just about over the sinus stuff, so I'm really looking forward to getting after it in prep for an April race.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • CakeyPops234
    CakeyPops234 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hitting the big 40 later this year and hoping to shift 70lbs by then!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I did yoga/pilates class at the studio last night...first time I've been there in over a year...it was so fun and I totally killed it!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Went back to classes last night. There was a new instructor who also does personal training (lifting!). We are scheduled to meet tomorrow before class. Yay! This young man used to compete in body building and has gotten his trainers certification. Maybe, just maybe this guy might work out for me. So excited! Not that I want to get into body building competitions, but I do want to continue to strength train properly.

Anyway, tabata class was good and am feeling it today. :)
  • CakeyPops234
    CakeyPops234 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Went back to classes last night. There was a new instructor who also does personal training (lifting!). We are scheduled to meet tomorrow before class. Yay! This young man used to compete in body building and has gotten his trainers certification. Maybe, just maybe this guy might work out for me. So excited! Not that I want to get into body building competitions, but I do want to continue to strength train properly.

Anyway, tabata class was good and am feeling it today. :)

I've just joined the gym and the PT there has got me doing tabata workouts. You don't realise how hard you've worked till the next day 😂
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

I remember when I was super-duper excited about strength-training....I want to get re-connected with that "feeling"...and QUICKLY!

Mind you, after 5 months of tough-tough workload and heavy hours, I am FINALLY coming down with a horrid head-cold. I know it is horrid because my teenager came down with it on Saturday and my husband on Sunday and I've been watching the horror of it inside my house....hoping that I did not fall ill. But, I did.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done! with Vest ,Sandbags, Dumbbells & EZ bar!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, I guess it is something in the air as everyone around me has some kind of cold and/flu symptoms. Ugh. Sdereski, I hope you enjoy the strength training. I swear I wished I had listened to my own gut when other's discouraged me from doing it. People had me believing if I lifted heavy I would be a female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lesson learned that's for sure. When I get that serious burst of energy I complete 2 programs in a day. Today was that day. I completed my squat and bench programs. Cryotherapy you say; ugh yes. Beeps, hope you and yours feel better.
  • bluediamond5
    bluediamond5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is 69 too old to join this group? Feel like 45!!!