Petition to get Disagree button removed

Pupnuzz
Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
I don't know about anyone else, but as a community that is supposed to be supportive. I feel the disagree button has no place here. The recent events in the selfie thread have made it clear that it will be used for abuse. And I've seen people all over the place in the diet, support and other places using it on people's positive posts too. I think that if you disagree with someone so strongly then the person should have to make an actual post discussing why and create a healthy dialogue. That is the way support and communities progress. Not hiding behind a button. Other forums I've used will actually post your username publicly at the bottom of posts you disagree with so that you can be held responsible and make your point of view known.

Disagreeing with a post adds nothing to discussion value, where as replying and positive ratings do.

So I'm asking those who agree to also post in this thread and help notify the moderators that we think there needs to be changed or at least modifications to the disagree button.

Replies

• Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    This is not just about me. There are people joining this place looking for support and all they are getting is people spamming them with dislike. It's not a very supportive environment and shouldn't be the way this place is set up. Not everyone has to "get over" it and "move on" when it's not correct to have it set up like that in the first place.
    If you can't be bothered stating your opinion don't be on a "discussion forum"!!!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    This is not just about me. There are people joining this place looking for support and all they are getting is people spamming them with dislike. It's not a very supportive environment and shouldn't be the way this place is set up. Not everyone has to "get over" it and "move on" when it's not correct to have it set up like that in the first place.
    If you can't be bothered stating your opinion don't be on a "discussion forum"!!!

I agree for the most part. Just with the selfie thread, if their hitting dislike I wouldn’t take it so personal.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but as a community that is supposed to be supportive. I feel the disagree button has no place here. The recent events in the selfie thread have made it clear that it will be used for abuse. And I've seen people all over the place in the diet, support and other places using it on people's positive posts too. I think that if you disagree with someone so strongly then the person should have to make an actual post discussing why and create a healthy dialogue. That is the way support and communities progress. Not hiding behind a button. Other forums I've used will actually post your username publicly at the bottom of posts you disagree with so that you can be held responsible and make your point of view known.

Disagreeing with a post adds nothing to discussion value, where as replying and positive ratings do.

So I'm asking those who agree to also post in this thread and help notify the moderators that we think there needs to be changed or at least modifications to the disagree button.

--- In all seriousness why do you or should anyone care about the agree or disagree? Most of my posts and comments have disagrees, I just think to myself that they are 💩 heads 😋. Honestly why give a rats ãss about it? They are stupid little buttons. With all that said everyone has the right to disagree with something posted and that's the apps way of letting someone do it who doesn't feel like debating or arguing. I vote to move on. Also even though I disagree I didn't press the button 👍
    I'm sure people a jealous of others and they choose to act childish by hitting the button but I don't think altering the app because someone is on a disagree rampage. It's not like the disagrees will affect anyone negatively

What he said verbatim
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    I don’t think the disagree button is a bad thing. It’s not really a big deal in my eyes. If I disagree with someone I will post a reply. Sometimes I will hit the disagree button than reply.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    At this rate, they should just should down the whole community...
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Here's the thing about the disagree button...or woo button...or any other button:

If you ignore it, it loses all its power

100% guaranteed

If it bothers you that someone would "Disagree" with you, always remember that ignoring it robs the button of all its power and it robs the pusher of whatever they're trying to hold over you.

tl'dr version: treat the disagree button like points in Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Well said.

• FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2020
    I saw this topic come up the other day. How many "disagree" hits are accidental touches from people scrolling through comments? It is in the right spot for right handed users. Similar to the "like" button being hit all the time in news feeds accidentally?

Just a random thought as I'm killing time
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Here's the thing about the disagree button...or woo button...or any other button:

If you ignore it, it loses all its power

100% guaranteed

If it bothers you that someone would "Disagree" with you, always remember that ignoring it robs the button of all its power and it robs the pusher of whatever they're trying to hold over you.

tl'dr version: treat the disagree button like points in Whose Line Is It Anyway?

:lol: Whose Line Is It Anyway? :lol: Man, I miss that show.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    7pyne1aqe2ek.jpg
    Or we can all just get lit and play in a big ball pit together 👍☺

Your thinking makes me happy