Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 101

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    @Tracie_Lord You have made remarkable progress! Keep it up!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @lyght1 Personally, I feel you should never make yourself eat if you aren’t hungry. A few days ago, when we ate at friend’s house, I was over on calories and macros but the next day I really wasn’t hungry much at all. At the end of the day I compared and by not meeting goals on day 2, the 2 days averaged out to my goals. I thought it was interesting.

As a rule, your weight divided by 2 in ounces should be your water intake. So 102 ounces or 3.1 quarts.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @deepwoodslady You’re welcome. Is there a better way to deal with lower blood sugar than eating carbs? I’ll have to research that. My only experience was with an elderly aunt who would have low blood sugar and need a sugar full soda every time we went shopping!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,855 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine My doctor's original order was to quickly fill a piece of bread with peanut butter and down it with a large glass of milk. This will bring my sugar back up within minutes. I just have to trust that it will and stop at that even though instinct is to keep shoveling food in until I can actually feel the difference. Then, I read online about using smarties candies to bring the sugar back up (like glucose pills, only way cheaper). There is an actual formula for how many to eat depending on what your number is reading (how far you are from normal). I brought the article and formula in to my doctor and she approved. However, no matter the method, it always means adding carbs quickly and it is always more than I am aiming to eat in total daily carbohydrates. What I really wonder is this: If I am fat adapted and my body is not dependent on carbs, will I still have reactions as a T2D? I have been on a roller coaster and certainly cannot be fat adapted right now, especially after the holidays. Perhaps this is all I need to avoid the drops. Anything you find out would be great. Anyone else that has information, or even an opinion is welcome to chime in.