Wanna do more burpees in 2020?

Replies

• Kokodaready2020
    Kokodaready2020 Posts: 28 Member
    Jan 6th = No Burpees, SORRY. had the worst hang over all day, like death warmed up. I forgot how drinking straight gin with no mixer catches up with you. Good news though, I stayed within my KETO range and cals for that day, so not all bad, and fasting today because food will make me throw, lol.. see you all tomorrow.
  • pcfteixeira
    pcfteixeira Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone, been doing all kinds of fitness training but still up to this challenge.

Today got 10 burpees done. I keep adding every day.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    pisanee wrote: »
    I forgot to do today’s burpees and planks. Doh! I need to set a reminder on my phone.

That’s a great idea- I am gonna set it for when I am work. Maybe I can get the juices flowing in between desk jockey life. 😜
    Jan 6th = No Burpees, SORRY. ... see you all tomorrow.

Ug. Maybe take TWO days off and get your electrolytes back up to snuff first. Starting from a position of healthy helps to build strength ! 💪
    Hi everyone, been doing all kinds of fitness training but still up to this challenge.

Today got 10 burpees done. I keep adding every day.

Good work! Make sure to prioritize your fitness adventures for your current goals. That way if something slips to the side, you still have success. ( personal experience talking here 😆)
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 6: 10 + 7
    So far this month: 65
    Some in am as part of my warm up for strength w/o and some after work before my quick treadmill trek.
    Finding it easier if I fist my hands on the mat instead of going flat. 👊
  • pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    Managed to do about 3 mins of modified burpees (roughly 20 of them) before getting ready for bed. I think I will shift to a strength workout that has burpees in it tomorrow. 3 mins and 17 calories burned isn’t a very motivating result for all the huffing and puffing I was doing.
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 7: 30
    So far this month: 95
    2 sets of fifteen during my warm up before strength. Really happy with this way of getting them into my days ( I don’t have them Hanging over the rest of day 🤗)
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 8: 1 bloody burpee
    So far this month: 96
    After 9 days of superior activity efforts I need a day off, so one burpee it is, just to keep my streak alive. Thank goodness that was my original commitment cuz dang it was hard to get off the couch and DO it.
    aw1zphf586ys.jpeg
  • pisanee
    Well, I am getting twinges in my knee again and was only able to do 5 very slow and very sad modified burpees. But I did get in a treadmill and plank workout, so today wasn’t a total wash.
  • carolejaye1217
    carolejaye1217 Posts: 15 Member
    I went to the doc yesterday and turns out I have the flu. :( I did get the flu shot and I guess that’s the only reason I’m not much sicker. But still pretty weak. Will resume working on burpees in a few days. Love seeing y’alls posts!
  • SammyDee2015
    Well, I am getting twinges in my knee again and was only able to do 5 very slow and very sad modified burpees. But I did get in a treadmill and plank workout, so today wasn’t a total wash.

Uh oh. So maybe swap out burpees until that knee is taken care of Pisanee? I mean, burpees ARE a great addition to any cardio and strength routine but not so good for bodies needing repair, desperate for assessment and some down time. Runners are the WORST for putting in their stretch n recover stuff .. hmmm. That makes me wonder: how is your hip strength and mobility?

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/health/injury/a774972/hip-weakness-and-knee-pain/

I like this gal for her hip moves: https://youtu.be/fk8UrK9p45U

I went to the doc yesterday and turns out I have the flu. :( I did get the flu shot and I guess that’s the only reason I’m not much sicker. But still pretty weak. Will resume working on burpees in a few days. Love seeing y’alls posts!

Well that’s a total kick in keester Carole. 😕
    Stay hydrated, eat well and sleep to the max. 😷

Hope you both are back to feeling fantabulous again real soon! 🤗
  • Kokodaready2020
    Sorry away from computer and technology yesterday.

Jan 8 = 20 Burpees in one min.

Jan 9 = 80 Burpees in gym workout, did not do the min max after that. LOL

• SammyDee2015
    Sorry away from computer and technology yesterday.
    Jan 8 = 20 Burpees in one min.
    Jan 9 = 80 Burpees in gym workout, did not do the min max after that. LOL

Holy crap- you are my hero- great job! ⭐️
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 9: 4
    So far this month: 100
    I was only gonna do one burpee again today ( body still wanted to chill, and I promised to listen this year) but I just really wanted to round out that number!
    😉
  • pisanee
    .. hmmm. That makes me wonder: how is your hip strength and mobility?

Good question, not sure how to measure that but they have never given me problems. In general, I am not very flexible though, so my range of motion can be limited.
  • SammyDee2015
    .. hmmm. That makes me wonder: how is your hip strength and mobility?

Good question, not sure how to measure that but they have never given me problems. In general, I am not very flexible though, so my range of motion can be limited.

You know that ole song that goes sumthin like ‘ 🎼 an’the hip bone is connected to the leg bone, and the leg bone ... 🎶 ‘ ? Our bodies have a pulley system with muscles and ligaments. Thinking if you work on increasing your hip mobility you could see a change in your knee. As for measuring it- do a video - tons of them out there under hip mobility for runners - and you’ll learn right quick. ( I did) 😋
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 10: 10+10
    So far this month: 120
    Did them again as part of my warm up routine before lifting this morning.

Kinda sad to think that 2yrs ago I was doing 120 a day in addition to regular stuff. Happy to know I can work my way back up to that again- if I go slow and train smart!
    Five months until my first two Spartans, eight until the Beast.
    I got this? 🙏
  • SammyDee2015
    Jan 10: 6
    So far this month: 126
    I did them with my almost three year old granddaughter. I get her to say aroo after each one.... just cuz she is so dang cute! 😆 vepcd0029a4t.png

• SammyDee2015
    Oops that last post should have said Jan 11, not 10.
    Today I revert to my silly lil one burpee. I didn’t want to tax myself overly- supposed to be a rest day and I already did an easy/slow run/walk. So ya. Monday I better rock this thing! 🙄
  • Kokodaready2020
    Jan 12 = 21 Burpees in one Minute.
    Jan 13 = 60 Burpees within gym work out.
  • SammyDee2015
    For the love of gawd Kokoda- keep posting here so I have your beastly inspiration!❤️❤️

I only did yoga and some planking in the am, plus a short run at lunch today- saw your post and decided I had enough gas in the tank to push it...

Jan 13: 50. Yup fifty ... five-zero... woohoo!
    Total so far: 177

vjndnt41t77x.jpeg