Options
DanialRichmond
DanialRichmond Posts: 2 Member
vynoom2bm0op.jpg

Replies

• DanialRichmond
    DanialRichmond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will also substitute a can of Rotel in place of the spaghetti sauce.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    What? Why?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I will also substitute a can of Rotel in place of the spaghetti sauce.

This isn’t actually a recipe for homemade dog food, right? Can’t imagine the tomato sauce being good for their stomachs.

Are you intending this to be the sole component of your diet? Why?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I’m gonna try it, probably with some adjustments. Definitely rotel. Maybe some jalapeño.
    For side salad, plain lettuce with either pico or pickled veggies. Yum!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    What is Rotel?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I dont understand - why is it called dog food??

Are you cooking this for your dog??? Why??

and why all the disclaimers at the bottom??
    Its just ordinary food - why would you feel dizzy or disorientated eating it???

It reads like one of those tomato sauce based mince and rice dishes I have made before (no eggs in them though) - yes, fairly easy and tasty and common sort of thing people take to bring a plate dinners.

If it is a joke, I dont get it. :*

PS when I read the title I thought it was going to be a jokey thread about a recipe someone cooked that turned out disasterously and was fed to the dog cos nobody would eat it.
    I have made a few of those before too ;)

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    What is Rotel?

It's canned diced tomatoes with juice and hot peppers (a.k.a. chilis). (ETA: It's a brand name.)
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    "Please do not attempt to cook this recipe while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol." ???

Probably good advice for any recipe that uses a stove or oven, but I wonder why they felt it was necessary to add the warning to this specific recipe? And why the heck call it dog food?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    "Please do not attempt to cook this recipe while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol." ???

Probably good advice for any recipe that uses a stove or oven,

Or a knife or hot water or a blender or a glass mixing bowl....

( I work in a medical centre, I've seen these things ;) )

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    The disclaimers are the best part, as well as the "energy lever." I have not found my energy lever yet, so maybe my settings are off.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options

My problem is I shouldn't be allowed into the kitchen if I'm not fully caffeinated, which is a bit of a catch-22, since the kitchen is where the coffee is :smile: . Today I got obsessed with trying to get the electric cord on my coffee grinder back into the built-in storage area and it slipped and I dropped it ... before I had bothered to remove the ground coffee from the grinder. There is still ground coffee under my refrigerator ... from the last time I did that. : :'( After I ground more beans today, I discovered that when I dropped it I cracked the plastic that forms the sides of the well where the grinding blade is. Since it contained the grinds during the second grinding, I'm figuring I can go on using it. Or maybe this is the universe trying to convince me I really need to get a burr grinder.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

My problem is I shouldn't be allowed into the kitchen if I'm not fully caffeinated, which is a bit of a catch-22, since the kitchen is where the coffee is :smile: . Today I got obsessed with trying to get the electric cord on my coffee grinder back into the built-in storage area and it slipped and I dropped it ... before I had bothered to remove the ground coffee from the grinder. There is still ground coffee under my refrigerator ... from the last time I did that. : :'( After I ground more beans today, I discovered that when I dropped it I cracked the plastic that forms the sides of the well where the grinding blade is. Since it contained the grinds during the second grinding, I'm figuring I can go on using it. Or maybe this is the universe trying to convince me I really need to get a burr grinder.

I have days like this.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    The disclaimers are the best part, as well as the "energy lever." I have not found my energy lever yet, so maybe my settings are off.

That’s ‘cos you’re a girl! 😉

I bet there are guys out there who’d try the diet just because of that one typo! 😂