Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Bagels or doughnuts?

Replies

• RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Salt bagel. I know, I know - water weight. Don't care. Eaten as is, don't even slice it open. Pick it up and eat it like a donut.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Bagel every day and twice on Sunday.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Doughnut please🙋‍♀️
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    It's a tough decision for me because of all the carby goodness but I think the bagel would win. I love donuts but once it's gone, you barely realize you've eaten anyrhing. At least a bagel stays with you.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    If you are from , or live in NY, and you vote doughnut, you should be banned from eating.

Fify
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    IF 300 calories left: Donut

An everything bagel smeared in plenty of cream cheese topped with ham and pickles would be an awesome lunch, but would be over 300 cals...
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    This question is stressing me out....I can’t decide.
    A gooood cakey donut is so good. But the Dunkin’ variety, pass.
    But....a yummy fresh chewy bagel is EVERYTHING,
    Can’t choose
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Definitely, a bagel. They are so delicious. More savory. Especially, an "Everything" bagel!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    If freshly made apple fritters are considered donuts, I would choose donuts.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Bagels every day over donuts.
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Bagels, I am from NYC...
  • TRIHARD36
    TRIHARD36 Posts: 79 Member
    Bagels filled with peanut butter
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    Having figured out I might be Celiac a few years ago, I miss donuts a hell of a lot more. It's not even close. Yeah, I know they have GF donuts but they are not the same. Now, donut or Belgium Waffle (a real one with the beads of sugar), that might be a huge decision.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Bagel each and every time. Bagel can easily be made into something sweet that will resemble a doughnut.

Meh. A bagel that can resemble a doughnut (other than visually, which I'm assuming is not what you meant) is not a good bagel. A doughnut should not be chewy. A bagel should not be pillowy soft.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Bagel each and every time. Bagel can easily be made into something sweet that will resemble a doughnut.

I'm gonna go with a no on that. A good bagel is very different from a good doughnut. Yes they both have flour, water, and some doughnuts also have yeast, but that's because they're both bread products. That's more or less where the similarities end. You could say the same about cake or the aforementioned fry bread.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Was it serendipity? I don't care. If it was, I'm glad I put this up.

That bagel shop I love? The one that was closed two decades and opened back up in November? The one that didn't have cucumbers? Yeah. They didn't have CUCUMBERS. Until today....

qhutcpo0444m.jpg

My lucky day!

Hmm that photo would be about last on my list of things to eat.
    Well, maybe slightly ahead of liver or tripe. :o

I do not like cucumber and not a great fan of raw onion.

I vote for Krispy Kreme chocolate and custard donut