Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bagels or doughnuts?

Replies

• paperpuddingpaperpudding Posts: 5,383Member Member Posts: 5,383Member Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Was it serendipity? I don't care. If it was, I'm glad I put this up.

That bagel shop I love? The one that was closed two decades and opened back up in November? The one that didn't have cucumbers? Yeah. They didn't have CUCUMBERS. Until today....

qhutcpo0444m.jpg

My lucky day!

Hmm that photo would be about last on my list of things to eat.
    Well, maybe slightly ahead of liver or tripe. :o

I do not like cucumber and not a great fan of raw onion.

I vote for Krispy Kreme chocolate and custard donut

• BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 994Member Member Posts: 994Member Member
    Bagel, every single time! Preferably an Onion Bagel, with Marmite melting into it’s lightly toasted inner. 🥯
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Bagel each and every time. Bagel can easily be made into something sweet that will resemble a doughnut.

I'm gonna go with a no on that. A good bagel is very different from a good doughnut. Yes they both have flour, water, and some doughnuts also have yeast, but that's because they're both bread products. That's more or less where the similarities end. You could say the same about cake or the aforementioned fry bread.

No no. What I meant was that I can make the bagel sweet, like a donut, just by toasting and spreading butter and good jelly on top.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    Bagel each and every time. Bagel can easily be made into something sweet that will resemble a doughnut.

Meh. A bagel that can resemble a doughnut (other than visually, which I'm assuming is not what you meant) is not a good bagel. A doughnut should not be chewy. A bagel should not be pillowy soft.

See my reply above. Nothing to do with texture.
  • J72FITJ72FIT Posts: 5,394Member Member Posts: 5,394Member Member
    Bagel for me, pumpernickel...
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 12,710Member Member Posts: 12,710Member Member
    The bagel will keep you fuller especially with the toppings....the donut wont fill a hole for more than half an hour - that's what I find anyway, they're just a sugar hit.
  • Pipsqueak1965Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 328Member Member Posts: 328Member Member
    Bagel every time - Doughnuts just do nothing for me.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 26,102Member Member Posts: 26,102Member Member
  • lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Posts: 7,550Member Member Posts: 7,550Member Member

Meh. A bagel that can resemble a doughnut (other than visually, which I'm assuming is not what you meant) is not a good bagel. A doughnut should not be chewy. A bagel should not be pillowy soft.

See my reply above. Nothing to do with texture.

OK. I've been to known to use Nutella for my schmear on occasion.
  • kristen8000kristen8000 Posts: 692Member Member Posts: 692Member Member
    I'd say bagel, but I'd need more than 300 calories because Peanut Butter.
  • JenSD6JenSD6 Posts: 451Member Member Posts: 451Member Member
    I prefer savoury over sweet, so bagel for me. I love it just toasted and buttered, though I won't say no to a layer of herb garlic cream cheese.
  • rosie5456rosie5456 Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    You know, if it is a nice soft multigrain bagel, yes please, and hold the cream cheese. Donuts are a fave of mine as well.... So I am conflicted on what I would choose.
  • jdhcm2006jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,244Member Member Posts: 2,244Member Member
    Donut. A good fresh chocolate long john or glazed donut or even a bag full of donut holes and I am in heaven. Bagels are nice, but I prefer the fluffy, fried goodness of a donut.
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320Member Member Posts: 1,320Member Member
    I like them both. Plain or whole wheat/honey wheat Bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese with fresh fruit works better for lunch. Also, those little pizza bagel bites can be quite addictive. Doughnuts would be preferred for breakfast. The ones with strawberry icing and sprinkles are great!
    A - bagels
    B - doughnuts
    C - all of the above

C) for me.
    edited January 17
  • lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Posts: 7,550Member Member Posts: 7,550Member Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Donut. A good fresh chocolate long john or glazed donut or even a bag full of donut holes and I am in heaven. Bagels are nice, but I prefer the fluffy, fried goodness of a donut.

We need a drool button.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,697Member Member Posts: 34,697Member Member
    Depends what I feel like

Fresh warm bagels form the local Montreal style bagel place are amazing
    Then again a freshly made donut is delicious.

Basically I'll take either
  • VeggieMeg71VeggieMeg71 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    1st choice is an everything bagel. 2nd choice is a blueberry donut. After that, I don't really care.
  • michael1976_camichael1976_ca Posts: 3,461Member Member Posts: 3,461Member Member
    Hard question
    Chocolate donuts or a blt bagel

I'd probably choose blt more filling