Lemon water vs regular

I have a hard time drinking regular water. However, I can drink 64-80 oz of Nestle lemon water without a problem. Is the flavored water really bad for you or am I okay to keep drinking it?

Replies

• DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    Pardon the sarcasm above, flavored water isnt bad for you, however they tend to have artificial sweeteners and sodium and perhaps you should mix in some glasses of regular water so that it isn't your entire water consumption
  • ashnicole083
    ashnicole083 Posts: 4 Member
    It's called Nestle Splash lemon water. I guess I'm just confused because I was reading about the intermittent fasting that seems to be the big thing now. It talks about in order to do a clean fast water can't be flavored. So I thought what am I missing? I thought water was water?
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    I'm curious - what makes regular water so hard to drink?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    I'm not familiar with the water or what's in it but love water with lemon (especially with a cucumber slice and fresh mint). I drink 4 glasses a day. No clue on the fasting question though I've seen people on keto say under a certain calorie limit. The teaspoon or so in my water isn't many calories, I think it's around 10.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Personally, I would fill a bottle with water and chuck a slice of lemon in it.
    It's bound to cheaper that way, and to me would probably taste better.
    It would also count exactly the same as water, as that's all it is.

^this
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I use bottled concentrated lemon juice and pour a bit in my water, sometimes if I'm feeling sluggish the taste perks me up
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Just flavor water with lemon (or other fruit you want). That's what I do.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    it's not bad for you. you are fine to drink it.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    Are we talking about zero-calorie lemon-flavored water that is being sold for human consumption? How could it be bad for you? (Proviso: I see it's from Nestle. Since you're typing on the Internet, I'm assuming you're not an infant and you are using it for purposes of hydration. That's fine. Please do not substitute it for baby formula or use it to dilute baby formula.)

Whoa! How did we get from lemon water to baby formula?
  • invisibleman53
    invisibleman53 Posts: 20 Member
    I have a hard time drinking regular water. However, I can drink 64-80 oz of Nestle lemon water without a problem. Is the flavored water really bad for you or am I okay to keep drinking it?

Lemon juice also activates the saliva glands to moisten the mouth so it does assist in feeling not thirsty but how much sugar is in that Nestle's product? I just use a 100% lemon juice product by adding 1 tablespoon to an 8 ounce glass of water.
  • invisibleman53
    invisibleman53 Posts: 20 Member

Here's another suggestion that I had a BAM cuisine store. While waiting, the hostess gave me a glass of water with a few slices of cucumber in it. Very light taste. Different
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Are we talking about zero-calorie lemon-flavored water that is being sold for human consumption? How could it be bad for you? (Proviso: I see it's from Nestle. Since you're typing on the Internet, I'm assuming you're not an infant and you are using it for purposes of hydration. That's fine. Please do not substitute it for baby formula or use it to dilute baby formula.)

source.gif

Apparently you never heard about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestl%C3%A9_boycott

TL;DR -- For more than 40 years, a variety of advocacy groups and government entities have criticized Nestle's marketing of infant formula in poor communities. Among the many issues raised is that poor mothers are given formula free in the hospital, so their milk dries up, and then they have to purchase formula they can't afford, whose directions they may not be able to read, and dilute it too much when mixing it because they couldn't possible afford as much as they would need to give their babies adequate nutrition. I'm sorry James Franco is so ill-informed.