Which one to do?

jenniferkaye22
jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
edited January 2020 in Getting Started
I was wondering which one people had more success and doable between counting calories, doing like a lazy keto diet or some beachbody program. I’m trying to figure it out and want yalls suggestions

Replies

• Kathryn247 wrote: »
    hw3les9lttw0.jpg

Exactly what i was going to post. There are no short cuts.
  • jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    hw3les9lttw0.jpg

I wasn’t asking for a short cut... I was just asking out those which one did people have success with and doable
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    hw3les9lttw0.jpg

I wasn’t asking for a short cut... I was just asking out those which one did people have success with and doable

In theory they are all doable, and many do a combination (plenty of people here have done keto while counting cals).

I have strong ideas about nutrition and how I like to eat, so following a meal plan (even one I basically agreed with -- and I don't know if I would agree with a BB one) wouldn't work for me. My sister loves their exercise programs, so would do that part of it, but she's never followed an eating plan (and also never been overweight). I hate that type of exercise so wouldn't enjoy that part (I like running and biking and different types of weight programs, among other things).

I don't know what dirty keto is, but I tried keto for a bit on maintenance (really focused on veg as my source of carbs) and didn't mind it, but it offered me nothing that justified cutting out foods I love or consider important like fruit and beans, but that's me. Would I lose just from going keto? Dunno, but some do, at least for a while (because they eat fewer cals).

Calorie counting allows you to do a BB program or low carb/keto or some other diet of your choice, so I'm a fan, but some dislike counting cals. I think it's an educational thing to do at least for a while, and I'm personally counting at Cronometer currently since I think it's fun to see my nutrient amounts and to see if I can hit everything daily.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Whichever eating style allows you to generally stay in a deficit will allow you to lose weight.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I was wondering which one people had more success and doable between counting calories, doing like a lazy keto diet or some beachbody program. I’m trying to figure it out and want yalls suggestions

Think of this as a lifestyle, not a temporary diet. Pick food and exercise you enjoy and are willing to continue. The exercise that works best is the one you're willing to do. Same with food.

As other people have said, you'll lose weight in a calorie deficit.
  • Candy_lilacs
    Candy_lilacs Posts: 21 Member
    I’ve probably done every diet in the world and I always lose weight but gain it back. For me those diets aren’t maintainable. The only way for me to keep losing weight is by tracking my calories. So the real question is what can you do long term?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Weight loss is created through a calorie deficit. Different people have widely different ways they find "easiest" to do this. For many of us, counting calories (without imposing any other dietary rules) is sufficient. Others find that a particular diet style makes it easier. Many people have success with increasing physical activity, although there are those who are also successful without it.