Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What book are you reading?

Replies

• bighoopattitudebighoopattitude Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    Stormlight Archives. I’m obsessed. Best book I read in 2019.
  • PupnuzzPupnuzz Member Posts: 203 Member Member Posts: 203 Member
    Stormlight Archives. I’m obsessed. Best book I read in 2019.

Gotta love some Sanderson!

Has anyone read the Arc Of the Scythe? By Neal Shusterman. I need discussion pals.
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    I love US/UK punk journals.

"Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys.: A Memoir"
    - Viv Albertine

ytpdcdbcw2am.png
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,409 Member Member Posts: 2,409 Member
    Twisted 26 by Janet Evanovich. Just finished The Honey Bus by Meredith May, and The Dog Who Saved Me by hmmm, can't remember.
  • CoffeeAndContourCoffeeAndContour Member Posts: 1,466 Member Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    A Clash of Kings and The Obesity Code (recommend).
  • 1972ChrisJG1972ChrisJG Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    I'm over halfway through "Break Point" by Ollie Ollerton. Just like the other lads from SAS Who Dares Wins TV show, Ollie inspires us to achieve and to believe in ourselves.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,350 Member Member Posts: 10,350 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I love US/UK punk journals.

"Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys.: A Memoir"
    - Viv Albertine

ytpdcdbcw2am.png

This looks intriguing, definitely. I'm very into memoirs, particularly of people I'm not already super-familiar with or a fan of.
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Member Posts: 2,765 Member Member Posts: 2,765 Member
    Good book
    bwbecsgt7sx4.jpg

edited January 7
  • PKM0515PKM0515 Member Posts: 1,359 Member Member Posts: 1,359 Member
    Reading: The Shape of Night (Tess Gerritsen)

Just finished listening to: Run Away (Harlan Coben)
  • mathdad41mathdad41 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    I'm 1/2 through The Whisper Man. Very good so far and a bit creepy. I never get scared by movies or books but this one has given me the chills more than a couple times so far. Can't wait to finish it.
  • ShareASmileShareASmile Member Posts: 195 Member Member Posts: 195 Member
    beckyrpl wrote: »
    Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It made me cry, and I am NOT one who cries.....

I LOVED this book!!!!!
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,409 Member Member Posts: 2,409 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Reading: The Shape of Night (Tess Gerritsen)

Just finished listening to: Run Away (Harlan Coben)

Two of my very favorite authors!
  • k8eekinsk8eekins Member Posts: 2,258 Member Member Posts: 2,258 Member
    Clint Emerson's "The Right Kind of Crazy: My Life as a Navy SEAL, Covert Operative and Boy Scout from Hell."
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Member Posts: 9,523 Member Member Posts: 9,523 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Clint Emerson's "The Right Kind of Crazy: My Life as a Navy SEAL, Covert Operative and Boy Scout from Hell."

Lol ... Am on Chapter 11 ... Shocking🤤🤒
    mathdad41 wrote: »
    I'm 1/2 through The Whisper Man. Very good so far and a bit creepy. I never get scared by movies or books but this one has given me the chills more than a couple times so far. Can't wait to finish it.

Oh, boy. The Amazon reviews show everyone's freaked out by this book. I have to read it. BTW, from his Amazon bio:

"Alex North was born in Leeds, England, where he now lives with his wife and son. The Whisper Man was inspired by North's own little boy, who mentioned one day that he was playing with "the boy in the floor." Alex North is a British crime writer who has previously published under another name."

I'd love to know his other name... I'll see if I can find out. Those other books might be worth a read.

Have you read any of John Saul's books?
    edited January 22
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,664 Member Member Posts: 3,664 Member
    Well, boo... I was page 1 into reading Richard Hell's "I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp" in the continuation of my 1970s US/UK punk journal tour, but went to get my mail an hour ago, set it on the bench & it was so surprisingly cold & windy, I had instant brain freeze & walked away. So did the book. :(

Reordering...
  • RyotaFujikawaRyotaFujikawa Member Posts: 418 Member Member Posts: 418 Member
    The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky! I love it so far~
  • soraurensorauren Member Posts: 247 Member Member Posts: 247 Member
    Game change: the life and death of Steve Montador by Ken Dryden. I'm halfway through.