MFP Plan

jdh419
jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
edited January 2020 in Getting Started
Is anyone here on one of the paid MFP plans? I am confused about how to pick the best plan for me. I go to the gym 3x a week for weight training and try to get in as much walking and jogging as possible. I track by macros. High protein low fat and moderate carbs. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I believe there is a "plans" feature that some people have access to that is in beta testing. Some of them are paid. I am not sure what exactly they are but it's possible that's what she's referring to.

Thanks -- this is the first I've heard of it.

• jdh419
    Yes! There are paid plans. Thanks for your alls input! @ZoneFive yes I am happy with what I got going. Thanks for the support. Sometimes I get compulsive with diet plans! I don't know why. I think I have a horrible relationship with food! I was on two plans plus MFP at the same time. I'll search the community. Thanks again!
  • jdh419
    vwfxj1ns6ei8.jpg
  • jdh419
    Just wanted to share this is what I was asking about...
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited January 2020
    jdh419 wrote: »

That's just premium rather than meal plans/workout plans.

If you're here just for general weight loss, Premium isn't really necessary.

In my opinion it's only really useful to people who really need to micromanage their nutrition i.e. athletes. You can track calories, macros, micros and exercise just fine in the free version.

As MikePTY said, there is some kind of new plans feature, and it's new (perhaps in beta). People were asking about it in the help section a few weeks ago, because it wasn't working right.

I'd certainly not try it until feedback shows it is actually working right and explains what it does (and I'm pretty anti plans in general since I think people learn more by creating their own plans), but it is something that apparently exists.

Ah, here's one of the posts I was thinking about (one of the help posts was referred to it): https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777160/mfp-plans-under-construction#latest

I haven't noticed any updates.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

In my opinion it's only really useful to people who really need to micromanage their nutrition i.e. athletes. You can track calories, macros, micros and exercise just fine in the free version.

As MikePTY said, there is some kind of new plans feature, and it's new (perhaps in beta). People were asking about it in the help section a few weeks ago, because it wasn't working right.

I'd certainly not try it until feedback shows it is actually working right and explains what it does (and I'm pretty anti plans in general since I think people learn more by creating their own plans), but it is something that apparently exists.

Ah, here's one of the posts I was thinking about (one of the help posts was referred to it): https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777160/mfp-plans-under-construction#latest

Just found an article about it.
    https://about.underarmour.com/news/2019/10/introducing-myfitnesspal-plans

@jdh419 there is an option in mine to sign up for a 30 day free trial of premium, so I suppose if you really wanted to see if it was available and give it a whirl, there's nothing to stop you. But I stand by my original post, it's probably an unnecessary expense.

• jdh419
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Just found an article about it.
    https://about.underarmour.com/news/2019/10/introducing-myfitnesspal-plans

@jdh419 there is an option in mine to sign up for a 30 day free trial of premium, so I suppose if you really wanted to see if it was available and give it a whirl, there's nothing to stop you. But I stand by my original post, it's probably an unnecessary expense.

I am with you. I don't think it offers much more than what I need. Seems like so many of these apps cost and don't give anymore than MFP.
  • jdh419
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I have to laugh because I am a premium member, and I don't have access to the Plans beta. But I have a dormant old regular account, and that one has access to the beta, but I'm prompted to sign up for premium in order to try it.

Which is basically just MFP described in a nutshell.

So are you happy with premium?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    I'm pretty sure those are payment plans they're referring to (monthly or annual).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm pretty sure those are payment plans they're referring to (monthly or annual).

It's a bit confusing because they're rolling it out only to some users in beta, but MFP is offering some kind of plan functionality, apparently to help support different goals. I've seen it on my app. It is for premium users, so I don't know much more than that.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

It's a bit confusing because they're rolling it out only to some users in beta, but MFP is offering some kind of plan functionality, apparently to help support different goals. I've seen it on my app. It is for premium users, so I don't know much more than that.

According the article I linked above, it will be available to both premium and standard users (I presume some sort of additional cost though).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

According the article I linked above, it will be available to both premium and standard users (I presume some sort of additional cost though).

Oops, I missed your link! That's very helpful. When I saw them on my phone, the "9,000 steps a day" plan was available for me (as a non-premium user) and the others were locked.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

Sorry. I thought I had quoted the specific post I was referring to, which had a screen image clearly referencing payment plans for premium.

vwfxj1ns6ei8.jpg

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member

Sorry. I thought I had quoted the specific post I was referring to, which had a screen image clearly referencing payment plans for premium.

vwfxj1ns6ei8.jpg

I think the image is maybe referring to pricing plans, rather than eating plans?
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2020
    qgkj92vppw6h.png

Here is a screenshot of the beta plans.

They aren't food plans, but rather plans to improve your diet or exercise. Only available for premium members, although you can try one when signing up for a month free premium trial.

They remind me of the plans offered through a company's insurance (the type that gets you a discount or money in a medical account).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited January 2020
    It does look like there's a "high protein" one too. From the link @tinkerbellang83 gave above: https://about.underarmour.com/news/2019/10/introducing-myfitnesspal-plans

I kind of wonder what they do that's different from normal, so I hope someone reports back (I'm idly curious, not interested in doing one).

I'm actually feeling rather negative/depressed about this (from the link): "MyFitnessPal now offers Plans, one of the most requested feature; 82% of MFP users stated they would use a “plans” features. MyFitnessPal Plans will act as the ultimate fitness and nutrition guide for users. Users will be prompted to select plans each designed to make their nutrition and fitness journey as easy as possible..." I kind of wonder why people want MFP to tell them how they are supposed to do this rather than figuring it out for themselves, which seems to me much more educational and useful longterm, but whatever.