Now THAT is what I call...

Options
13»

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    People! It is a sandwich recipe which someone was kind enough to share- take it or leave it, and maybe everyone who is so against the sandwich needs to eat one, maybe they are hungry and grouchy :) Personally, I think it looks quite tasty!

I love you. This thread goes to prove that people will go out of their way to start ****. I mean...grilled cheese? Really people?! lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    People! It is a sandwich recipe which someone was kind enough to share- take it or leave it, and maybe everyone who is so against the sandwich needs to eat one, maybe they are hungry and grouchy :) Personally, I think it looks quite tasty!

Just to clear the air, I am not against the sandwich. I don't eat much whole fat cheese or bread, but that's just because there are foods I like more that I'd rather spend my calories on, but honestly if someone fixed that sandwich for me I'd eat it and enjoy it. Cheese, bread, what's not to like? I just thought it was funny that someone posted a link to webmd, which recommends low-fat dairy, to support a claim that the sandwich was healthy.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options

I love you. This thread goes to prove that people will go out of their way to start ****. I mean...grilled cheese? Really people?! lol

I never though a grilled cheese could cause so much controversy! I should post a recipe for enchiladas, imagine what ridicule that cheesy goodness would receive! LOL I am going to make one of your sandwiches on my cheat day and enjoy it!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I never though a grilled cheese could cause so much controversy! I should post a recipe for enchiladas, imagine what ridicule that cheesy goodness would receive! LOL I am going to make one of your sandwiches on my cheat day and enjoy it!

oh god NO not the enchilada debate, wars will break out. nations destroyed, nuclear holocost
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! Nothing beats grilled cheese dipped in tobasco or a little tomato soup on the side. Perfection!

LOVE grilled cheese with tomato soup. It is my ultimate comfort meal <3:)

Thanks for the post Brit! :D
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options

oh god NO not the enchilada debate, wars will break out. nations destroyed, nuclear holocost

Hahahaha! I love it, but could you imagine the fat police on that one!
  • morkiemama
    Options
    Soooo I've never tried this (and I'm a cooking retard), but do you think you could grill a grilled cheese sandwich with olive oil???

Your sandwich came out perfect by the way! Just dark enough the way I like it! :D
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Soooo I've never tried this (and I'm a cooking retard), but do you think you could grill a grilled cheese sandwich with olive oil???

Your sandwich came out perfect by the way! Just dark enough the way I like it! :D

dont see why not, you can grill it with nothing , it just tastes better slathered in butter, or better yet garlic butter

damn now i am getting hungry
  • morkiemama
    Options

dont see why not, you can grill it with nothing , it just tastes better slathered in butter, or better yet garlic butter

OOoooooo I never thought of garlic butter! That sounds AWESOME!!!!!
  • InaWarZone
    Options

OOoooooo I never thought of garlic butter! That sounds AWESOME!!!!!

Garlic butter? OOooooohhhh.... That is so cruel :bigsmile:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

You sure could :) I only use the spread because it's lower cal, fat, and sodium than our butter, and it keep it from sticking to the pan. Though, if you toast the bread first, then just cook it enough for the cheese to melt, you don't need anything :) And thank you. I take pride in my grilled cheese, it's one of the things I make that I manage to do perfectly, every time lol