I’m 5’5” how much should I weigh

Options
I am currently at 184
So I’m trying to figure out how much I should lose.
I’m 48
I’m 5’5

Any ideas

Replies

• KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 150 lbs. My goal is 130 and the closest I've ever gotten to it is 140. I felt pretty good at 140 when I was more heavily invested in strength training but I still could afford to lose a bit more of the vanity lbs then. Now I'm just trying to reign in my sweet tooth that has been relentlessly savaging any and all of my efforts!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 184 also. I got to 135 and stayed for a year, got down another 3lbs which was kinda rough, and hover around 135 again another year later. Honestly my maintenance cals are so low as it is I can't imagine trying to get lighter, now. I've strongly been considering gaining some back, without working out I only get about 1500 a day depending.
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and 5' 4". My goal is 144. I'm currently 205. My highest weight was 260.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You may also find that as you lose weight and your lifestyle changes your goals change. Not just with regard to the number on the scale. Initially at 5’5 I wanted to drop from around 154 to 134 but as I have got into my fitness my goals changed to be about racing, PBs, my times etc and now I aim for a goal weight 121-124 but that’s not just due to how I want to look, it’s so that I can be lighter on my feet for running and carry less weight on my bike.
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
    It is nice to know that I’m not alone
  • cathymohney
    cathymohney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! I am 5'4.5" and I have set a tentative goal weight of 136. I was 188 beginning of March and now I am 177.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    I’m CW 173
    I have maintained for 3 months
    So I’m going to start trying to loss again.
  • aprilrs
    aprilrs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". My scale is exactly 5 lbs less than the drs. But I'm posting my scales weight with the 5 lbs in the back of my mind. But I started at 181 (dr scale) on Dec 16th and today I'm 171 ( dr scale) so 10 lbs in a month. Goal is 15 more by mid March.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    I would loss until you feel comfortable.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    Can you show me some pictures
    Of what you look like
  • jdh419
    jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and 5'5". If I go below 148 everyone says I look too thin. I can fit into a size 9/10 at that weight. That's where I am most comfortable. I also feel like anything below that, for me, is too difficult to maintain.