TRIBAL CAPTAINS FORUM (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm the captain of The Lifers. We're organized out of an already created Facebook group, so most of our communication is and will be on there. Just wanted to say hi and let you know we exist :smile: We're all new to this, but ready to kick some butt!
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Looking for one team member, I had one drop at the last minute last night...
  • MommyNemo
    MommyNemo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey how do you guys log these?? I did it under my normal morning Aerobics today.. But curious how you all do it.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Here is a question from one of my Anju Warriors....

Does our team get more points if I do the advanced since it's so much harder?

Thanks

Nope, both are the same... you get to choose which one you do on a daily basis. Both get the 1 point for every team member that complete's the daily challenge, and 5 bonus if all team members complete all 6 daily challenges

But encourage your team to do the hard work outs because they will have a greater weight loss. :)

Thank you!!
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't remember which of Gary's 200 teams I'm on! :cry: :laugh:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    HEY FELLOW CAPTAINS!

I dont have the patience to read thru the pages of posts, so if this has already been asked and answered I apologize....

on the rules pdf it says:
    "· 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member"
    Can someone please explain to me what what this means please? (in detail preferably!!!)

thanks!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Do we have a video on the wood chop?
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    All the Captains should have received an email from Gary late last night. It contains, the rules, the spreadsheet, and the excercises. The rules are simple and once you have the spreadsheet it will be much easier to manage. As for the percentages, they are automatically figured out with the data you input in the spreadsheet. Easy Peasy
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain the excel spreadsheet to me? So I typed in everyone's starting weight (replacing the 100) and it's already giving me a weird percentage loss. Even though we haven't lost any weight yet. will it all work out once the other numbers are punched in?

And can someone explain the difference between daily exercise challenge and Daily team challenge. From my understanding the daily exercise challenge is obviously the daily exercise but is the daily team challenge staying under your daily calories and proper amount of water intake? Just need that cleared up if someone can help. Thank you!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain the excel spreadsheet to me? So I typed in everyone's starting weight (replacing the 100) and it's already giving me a weird percentage loss. Even though we haven't lost any weight yet. will it all work out once the other numbers are punched in?

And can someone explain the difference between daily exercise challenge and Daily team challenge. From my understanding the daily exercise challenge is obviously the daily exercise but is the daily team challenge staying under your daily calories and proper amount of water intake? Just need that cleared up if someone can help. Thank you!

When you type in the next set of weights, it will give you the correct percentage lost. The amount that is showing now is as if each member lost 100 lbs. from the starting weight. You get a point for each team member who does the weekly challenge as well as a point for every lb. lost. You get an extra 5 points if every team member does the weekly exercise and if every team member does team weekly goal.

Daily excercise challenge are the exercises you do on your own each day (i.e. 30 squat kicks and 50 jumping jacks), and the weekly team goals are things that your team is supposed to try to do each day of the week (i.e. drinking 62 oz. of water every day).

hope that helps.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't get an answer in here please message me. I'll help.

I'll be updating the spreadsheet tomorrow to include 5 weeks.

You are all doing awesome keep up the great work. remember the spreadsheet and points is all easily fixed so if you get behind we have until Sept. 30th to get it all straight. Just make sure you get those Starting and Ending Weights (SW, EW)
    Thanks,

Gary
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 145...Am I posting this in the right place? :laugh:
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Gary- I have people asking for the videos for the bushman exercises and I am not finding them.

Thanks
    Jennifer
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Also, where do I go to add our little badge?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options

When you type in the next set of weights, it will give you the correct percentage lost. The amount that is showing now is as if each member lost 100 lbs. from the starting weight. You get a point for each team member who does the weekly challenge as well as a point for every lb. lost. You get an extra 5 points if every team member does the weekly exercise and if every team member does team weekly goal.

Daily excercise challenge are the exercises you do on your own each day (i.e. 30 squat kicks and 50 jumping jacks), and the weekly team goals are things that your team is supposed to try to do each day of the week (i.e. drinking 62 oz. of water every day).

hope that helps.

Thank you!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Hey! So does anyone know how to log the Bushmen exercise for the daily exercise? Would like to know how many more calories i can eat now! haha :happy:
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Captain of Team Nanoose here :) Question about the bushmen exercises for my team:

They are to be done in the tabata method (4 minutes etc, etc) NOT that they are supposed to do a tabata workout and then on top of that do the other exercises, right? The wording on one of the posts had me confused. Thanks for your help!