Keto and not losing weight

I am 5 : 8 150 pounds. Started keto 3 weeks ago. Have faithfully followed my diet and have not lost a pound. I also weight train 4/ 5 a week. Feeling frustrated. Suggestions?

Replies

• staceysroka1
    staceysroka1 Posts: 5 Member
    Yes I have tracked all my food and because keto makes me not hungry I am always under my calories. Especially on days with my training
  • staceysroka1
    Do not weigh but measure
    23000 steps was one day at work. And do not snack or nibble
    Have gave it 100%
  • NoHelmet
    NoHelmet Posts: 1 Member
    Have you verified that you're in ketosis with the urine strips? Are you 100% sure you're accounting for all your carbs and calories? I only ask because it's not scientifically possible to be in a caloric deficit, especially in ketosis, and not to have lost at least water weight in 3 weeks. Either you're overestimating your caloric needs (always possible if subtracting exercise), or exceeding what you have set for yourself.

If you're truly tracking every carb and calorie, I would highly suggest adjusting your metrics so that exercise isn't counted toward your daily calorie allowance. Burned calories are very subjective and can be inaccurate.
  • staceysroka1
    try2again wrote: »
    Did your weight training also start 3 weeks ago? Your body may be retaining water for muscle repair and that is masking fat loss on the scale.

No have always worked out for years
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Also, your profile says you're female. If you're also premenopausal, you may've just hit your menstrual cycle at a routine low water-retention point, and be heading into a higher-water-weight stage, which also has the potential to obscure fat loss on the scale. If premenopausal, you really want to be comparing the same point in at least 2, possibly 3, menstrual cycles, to get the clearest picture. Hang in there!

BTW: I'd suggest considering weighing food rather than measuring. Not only is it more accurate, it's actually quicker and easier, once you know the tricks. And a decent scale is only $15-20. So helpful. This thread is one source of tips (despite what the joke-y clickbait title may imply ;) );

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498882/weighing-food-takes-too-long-and-is-obsessive

Yes, I'm currently at my low point of the month (a week since my period started) and am 4 pounds lower than than my high point of the month (when I ovulated) and know that only a little of that 4 pounds is fat loss. So I compare my weight to the same point in my cycle from last month.

Count me as another vote for using a food scale. It's faster than using measuring cups, is more accurate, and you don't have to wash the cups.