Lost 2.2 pounds this week!

Options
FitnessFreak1821
FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
edited January 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
If you saw my last post it was about a plateau I was in for the last month. I was 143-144. Ate good all week, increased my work outs with weights, drank more water. Added a snack in my day. Weighed myself I was 143.6 last, today I'm 141.4! I think I may be out of my plateau...hopefully. today was my birthday dinner and I planned my food still but basically made this a cheat day. I ate 1973 calories, I'm supposed to eat 1200 to lose 2 pounds a week. I'm hoping this will just maintain like it says but of course I feel bad I enjoyed myself abit. I didn't go overboard but still lol I'm becoming so obsessed, I know I need to relax. It's just that I'm so close to my goal of 130 I'm anxious.

My plan is tomorrow back to 1200 calories and work out again. Took a break today and this past Thursday. Twice a week I'll rest. Hopefully I'm down 1-2 pounds this week coming too.

Will this be a issue or will it be ok if I'm back on track? I know its 3500 cals per pound but im worried lol

Replies

• FitnessFreak1821
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Didn't we discuss that your deficit is way too aggressive for the amount of weight you have to lose?

Apparently 2-3 pounds a week is fine. Anything over is to aggressive for anyone. As long as I don't go under 1200 calories and I'm not. I'm a actually eating mostly1300-1500 but the work outs I guess is helping.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Didn't we discuss that your deficit is way too aggressive for the amount of weight you have to lose?

Apparently 2-3 pounds a week is fine. Anything over is to aggressive for anyone. As long as I don't go under 1200 calories and I'm not. I'm a actually eating mostly1300-1500 but the work outs I guess is helping.

No. It. Is. Not.

mew1weejga5g.png

But, if you want to ignore our advice, that's fine. I just won't waste my time clicking on any of your threads now that I know that's the case. More time for helping those that want it :)

I have 79 left to lose, and being in a 1000 cal deficit a day sounds AWFUL D: I couldn't work out 4 times a week on that. I'd fall apart physically and be an absolute monster.

But..I think if you eat 500 less and then work out to lose 500 cals. It's the same thing as cutting 1000 cals but your eating 500 more? I'm pretty sure you can do it that way too! :)
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 1200 calories if you don’t mind me asking?
  • FitnessFreak1821
    edited January 2020
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    How long have you been eating 1200 calories if you don’t mind me asking?

It's more like 1200-1600. I can't seem to always stick to it. I unintentionally go over but then work out then I think it equals it out ? I think.it has been 2-3 months at least cause when I was heavier my fitness pal was saying 1500. I feel great no problems
  • FitnessFreak1821
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I agree. Advice is good, but think about how you approach others. Before you post read what you wrote and think about whether it is polite and respectful. There is a lot of information out there, some bad and some good. Try not to judge others and make assumptions. Misconceptions are difficult for some people to change.

Yes, exactly! her post is coming off as not respectful or polite. Obviously some people are just oblivious but that's ok. Im just trying to make people realize read what they write..they might not mean to sound rude but sure sounds like they are. Either way not hurt by it. I am taking all advice in to consideration and going by my fitnesspal.

I know it may not seem it but those commenting actually want you to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. We don't want to see people go down this slippery slope where it is difficult to return from. Personally, I do not want to see you jeopardise your long term health for quick weight loss.

Yes I understand that, I obviously want to lose in a healthy way too. So far I feel great lol

[edited by MFP Mods]