I tried a crazy recipe and I actually liked it.

Options
2»

Replies

• geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I actually have that recipe among others I keep in my phone and made it, it wasn't bad. I have waffles listed as ingredient. I must have had some toaster waffles that I put the cakes on. My concern is cholesterol, but I guess you can make it just as well with one egg and a small banana. We're talking one serving for one person.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like trying recipes too from all kinds of diets. This one, unfortunately, I didn't like. It tasted like sweet eggs. I think it's a Paleo recipe given the attempt to not use grains? My favorite Paleo thing has to be the chia and flaxseed crackers at a Paleo restaurant (because you can't serve breadsticks if you're Paleo restaurant). I both wish I knew how to make them and don't want to learn because that's quite a few calories.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My favorite paleo thing I tried* was this paleo "granola" that was amazing, but sadly insanely caloric (unsurprisingly, the ingredients were almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, maple syrup, unsweetened coconut chips (wouldn't want to add sweetening, oh, right, maple syrup), cashews, walnuts, coconut oil, cinnamon, flax seed, vanilla). A bag wasn't that big and it was pretty easy to eat a whole bag, and it was 10 servings per bag (170 cal per serving). Also, not exactly true to the paleo period but we all know that by now, right?

(I tried this because their vendor used to sell stuff at a Crossfit place I worked out at. I see they now have a paleo waffle too, which is new since I was there.)

*I eat paleo a lot without trying to since I am not that into grains, although less than I used to since I'm trying to eat a lot of beans. I sometimes skim paleo sites for ideas but ignore substitutions I don't care about like coconut aminos for soy sauce.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Some of the iced banana things are good too, and though not ice cream, the bonus is you don't get all the calories from the fat in the cream.

Deconstructed egg roll could well move into veggie and possibly meat stir fry of sorts. Just take the rice out of fried rice, or the noodles out of pancit or such, and you would end up in a similar place. Are you still doing keto @psulemon? Seems like many of the Asian veggies would work.

I took a week off while traveling and wasn't super strict during the holidays, but outside of that, I have been pretty consistent with it.

Here is my deconstructed egg roll

m1rrj0sph3wq.jpg

yum...is that thousand island dressing on top?

It's an aoli sauce. Recipe is below. I did modify mine a bit.

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-egg-roll-in-a-bowl-with-chicken-whole30-keto/

@psuLemon I made the deconstructed egg roll tonight - loved it! I'm not low carb so had it over rice. My OH is not crazy about Asian food with fresh ginger (even when I pulverize it), but he said the sauce helped . More leftovers for me!
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Chuffles are cheese and egg mini waffles (mini waffle maker is about 10$ Amazon). Beaten egg w. parmesan. I don't see why the same thing couldn't be done with banana/egg.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Some of the iced banana things are good too, and though not ice cream, the bonus is you don't get all the calories from the fat in the cream.

Deconstructed egg roll could well move into veggie and possibly meat stir fry of sorts. Just take the rice out of fried rice, or the noodles out of pancit or such, and you would end up in a similar place. Are you still doing keto @psulemon? Seems like many of the Asian veggies would work.

I took a week off while traveling and wasn't super strict during the holidays, but outside of that, I have been pretty consistent with it.

Here is my deconstructed egg roll

m1rrj0sph3wq.jpg

yum...is that thousand island dressing on top?

It's an aoli sauce. Recipe is below. I did modify mine a bit.

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-egg-roll-in-a-bowl-with-chicken-whole30-keto/

@psuLemon I made the deconstructed egg roll tonight - loved it! I'm not low carb so had it over rice. My OH is not crazy about Asian food with fresh ginger (even when I pulverize it), but he said the sauce helped . More leftovers for me!

Nice. Glad you love it.