Sweets after a meal!

Options

Replies

• sugar free and fat free instant pudding with fat free cool whip is yummy and help me with this. Or I blend Fit and Free Protein shake with fat free milk and ice, fills me up and makes me think I am eating ice cream!! Be sure to mix instant pudding with fat free milk, soy won't set and instant believe it or not taste better then the cooked!!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I eat skinny cow ice cream sandwiches every single.. night :)
  • refr
    refr Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a bag of chocolate chips (dark) in the freezer. When I get that urge I just go for a few to get the craving satisfied. Get the chocolate all up in your teeth so the flavor lasts a while. Also chocolate has some good health benefits similar to vegies:
    •Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants (nearly 8 times the number found in strawberries).
    •it tastes good
    •it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
    •it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
    •it contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants

be sure to balance your calories,, in other words, if you have that craving, subtract your calories from something else off the menu..
    ;)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Really, have whatever you want, as long as you can work it into your daily calorie intake.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do and believe it's part of my carb "addiction" I've started trying fruit, a taste of nutella, or a glass of water- has helped some. Every now and then I'll treat myself
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Ohhhhhh yes ma'am. Sometimes I ignore it, I like to think I'm not feeding the habit. Other times I go for raisins (they're sickeningly sweet!) or dates. Or there are nights I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerrys. This post didn't help you at all. Sorry about that

lol a few raisins or craisins wouldn't be a bad idea! So SEE! You did help! :)

I forgot! Frozen grapes are super good too. I honestly am trying to be helpful, lol. I just think, if you're going to feed the habit, at least make it a GOOD habit (like dried fruits or fruit-based desserts) and only do the treats on occasion. I am far too tempted by B & Js and other things so I typically choose not to keep them in the house.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I usually feel like dropping a deuce in the brownie bowl once I'm done with dinner. That's pretty sweet.
  • chubswonky
    Options
    I have a bag of chocolate chips (dark) in the freezer. When I get that urge I just go for a few to get the craving satisfied. Get the chocolate all up in your teeth so the flavor lasts a while. Also chocolate has some good health benefits similar to vegies:
    •Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants (nearly 8 times the number found in strawberries).
    •it tastes good
    •it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
    •it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
    •it contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants

be sure to balance your calories,, in other words, if you have that craving, subtract your calories from something else off the menu..
    ;)

I actually have chocolate chips that I keep around. Sometimes I'll throw a few into my popcorn or something! :)
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I often want chocolate after dinner. I have a small cup of hot cocoa. I budget calories for it so I don't run out!
  • chubswonky
    Options
    I often want chocolate after dinner. I have a small cup of hot cocoa. I budget calories for it so I don't run out!

Oooh have you tried Swiss Miss Diet cocoa? yum! And only 25 calories!
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes! A cigarette helps! I am not into those diet food sweets - so full of chemicals.

:flowerforyou:

Yeah ok because a cigarette has no chemicals ?!?!! Really!! I'd aim for fruits instead of another Unhealthy cancer causing addiction
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes! A cigarette helps! I am not into those diet food sweets - so full of chemicals.

Really? Diet foods are so full of chemicals, so you smoke a cigarette instead!

Something seems wrong there....
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    My grandma always said to have something sweet after a meal so your body knows it's "done" eating. I never really follow it, but another idea to throw out there.
  • ennaejay
    Options

Really? Diet foods are so full of chemicals, so you smoke a cigarette instead!

Something seems wrong there....

He's just saucy like that, I'm going to be like him when I grow up :flowerforyou: I'd put money on the fact he was joshin'. And if not, it's still funny
  • chubswonky
    Options
    My grandma always said to have something sweet after a meal so your body knows it's "done" eating. I never really follow it, but another idea to throw out there.

I like your grandma's style!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Yeah ok because a cigarette has no chemicals ?!?!! Really!! I'd aim for fruits instead of another Unhealthy cancer causing addiction

A cigarette may also be a smokable cash crop rolled in bible paper. Home grown is more natural and clean. None of the processed stuff that comes in little cardboard boxes, wrapped in cellophane.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • Raven413
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh, I always have a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bar for 100 cal. :love: I count it in my calorie count 1st thing! ::
  • ennaejay
    Options

A cigarette may also be a smokable cash crop rolled in bible paper. Home grown is more natural and clean. None of the processed stuff that comes in little cardboard boxes, wrapped in cellophane.

This is true. I smoke a tobacco pipe from time to time. But it would never compete with a pint of Haagen Dazs when that after-dinner craving hits. Seriously, a smoke does it for you?? Come on, you KNOW you want ice cream or a piece of candy.... what's your favorite candy... hehehe
  • Wow41543
    Options
    Yes I do and I eat these frozen ice cream (like) bars Sweet Delights I get at Walmart. They are only 14 calories each. It is a perfect filler and not many calories. They come in 3 different flavors.