Either I'm Wrong or I have Haters!

Options

Replies

• nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    load of **** if ure doing regular exercise where your heart rate is higher than normal and watching what you are eating you WILL lose weight, fewer calories in + more activity therefore more calories out = fat burning full stop!! simple mathematics x
  • BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i lost 65 pounds in 6 months just by counting calories and walking (at a pace of 3 - 3.5 mph) on my treadmill. you do not have to go to extremes! weight loss is simply a matter of calories consumed vs calories burned. sounds like you have your stuff figured out! try to ignore the negativity. :smile:

SEE you must have read me like a book lol that's exactly what i'm doing :-)
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    ditto tell them to jump in a lake!
  • sexygirl315
    Options
    A lot of times, people get defensive and act on their insecurities basically because they can't handle the fact that someone else is taking charge or their life and doing something good. Don't worry about it and just focus on yourself!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ^^^ what they all said!!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how people try to "help"??!! Walking is a powerful fat burner, don't let anyone tell you different. And for what it's worth, I am losing with walking as my primary cardio now, because I'm tracking cals with MFP and working that deficit. A few years ago, I trained and ran a marathon and did. not. lose. one. pound!

Running is great but it is no better than walking, don't let anyone fool you. Keep doing what you are doing. That's what matters.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    You have some serious Haters, I haven't looked so I don't know how overwieght you are, but for alot of people no matter your age just getting out and running could cause serious damage and or pain to knees, ankles, back and more.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    DON'T LISTEN TO THEM...you are doing AWESOME! <3
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    I smell HATERS...

I haven't ran a SINGLE mile since I've started losing weight, and I've lost almost 20 lbs now. They are CRAZY to say that you need to run to lose weight.
  • BeginningNoStop
    Options
    i really do thank all of you for your encouraging words!! It's making me feel alot better!! now i can't to go to the gym and do my hour, MAYBE EVEN MORE, tomorrow! Once again THANKS EVERYONE :-)
  • carrie145
    Options
    You do what feels right to you. Walking is TERRIFIC exercise. If you want to try the elliptical, start slow. When I first went to the gym, I tried it and I lasted a minute!! LOL. I eventually worked my way up to an hour at a high resistance. You just do what you can at your own pace. As long as you keep moving, that's what counts..
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just stay on your path and you will be fine. Do what you feel comfortable with. I remember when I was losing weight one of my friends said, "all you talk about is the gym and fitness and healthy stuff." And what's wrong with that.....right? You are taking important steps in your life to change your lifestyle and know you will have doubters and naysayers but know that you are to stay true to yourself!!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    So, in the span of one week i have went from seeing amazing results to now.....I don't know what to call it! It all started with classes starting last week. I had an associate tell me I need to lose more weight for my career choice....I had another individual tell me walking on the treadmill and riding the bike for an hour is for old people and I need to start running and hitting the elliptical. I WAS BLOWN OFF MY FEET. For one, I just tarted working out a month ago, for two I just started going to the actual gym 3 weeks ago. So, basically my question is, do you have to run to lose weight? I thought you built up to it BUT apparently what I've been learning in Kinesiology, 60 minutes 5 days a day of moderate activity, is wrong. I thought as long as I have my heart rate up and I'm sweating bullets then I'm doing something right.......

Im thinking you have HATERS.....some ppl feel they need to knock you down, to make themselves feel better!!! I guess Im OLD b/c I walk on a treadmill (well did, till I messed up my back) but now I walk outside! As long as your heart rate is up and your feeling good about it, go for it!! Forget them! :)
  • bardenjanice
    bardenjanice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are definitely right! If you are sweating and can feel your heart beating hard, you are in the right place! You definitely do need to change your workout every other week (take a class or get on the eliptical) but if you progress too soon, you will cause injuries and quit altogether.

I am a trainer and would suggest you add weight lifting to your routine as well. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest!!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I started back in January with just walking on the treadmill for twenty minutes a day. I gradually increased that to an hour or more a day. Then I started workout dvd's. I just now - the last month and a half - started to jog. I don't do a full mile without a few walking breaks but I do run way more than I thought I ever would back in January!!

YES YOU ARE RIGHT!! - You work up to what you can handle. You build your endurance. You are doing great and keep at it. Don't let those haters get in your way. Just wait in a few months you will be able to kick their butts with your lean, fit, healthy self :-)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Bull*** and tell them all to **** ****.

Stick to eating healthy and increase your exercise as your body allows you to do so.

THIS!!!

Keep your momentum going!
  • silentwolves
    Options
    I'm curious as to what degree your working towards??
    I've been worried about my weight as I'm in nursing school right now. I know what I need to do, what nutrition is, but just can't seem to lose the weight yet!

If your goal is to become a runner you have to work up to it! Have you looked online at the program couch potato to 5k? Search c25k on google. It has a planned out way to work up to running!
    Maybe I'll don that once I lose a bit of weight, but for now the impact on my joints and the bouncing women's parts I'll stick to hiking and walking!

Good luck!
    Katie
  • geraldm55
    Options
    are you kidding me you're doing great. remember the weak don't want you to loose weight and feel great. Otherwise they might have to do what your doing just to keep up with you.

make lots of friends on MFP and get positive feed back and in a while you'll be laughing at the negative people that want to drag you down.

listen to your body, it's important to push yourself but only as hard as your body will allow. if your not ready to run don't. the gyms a great place to be!!

May the Lord bless all that you do and keep you focused.
  • BeginningNoStop
    Options
    You are definitely right! If you are sweating and can feel your heart beating hard, you are in the right place! You definitely do need to change your workout every other week (take a class or get on the eliptical) but if you progress too soon, you will cause injuries and quit altogether.

I am a trainer and would suggest you add weight lifting to your routine as well. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest!!

I thought about adding weight training but I don't know how to really do it....
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I need to start giving assertiveness classes, really. WHO in God's name would say such a thing!? Did you ask for their advice? If not, tell them to MYOB and you will do the same but IF they're going to start giving life advice, YOU can hand out some too. I'm sure you have ideas how THEY can improve, right?
    GO - the best defense is a good offense - and these people offend easily. Just give them a piece of your mind and they will NEVER offer personal opinions again.