Strength training vs physio protocol?

Options
2»

Replies

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Too much liability in a litigious society to prescribe something effective that may have some minuscule risk involved whether real or imagined. Better to stay out of court than to be effective.

If you want effective rehab you’ll have to assume all the risk for yourself...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    wiigelec wrote: »
    Too much liability in a litigious society to prescribe something effective that may have some minuscule risk involved whether real or imagined. Better to stay out of court than to be effective.

If you want effective rehab you’ll have to assume all the risk for yourself...

Or find a good physical therapist, be clear about what your goals are, and do the work. I can't have been all that lucky to have done so more times than not. I'd rather a good physical therapist than go it my own and injure myself. There are also seemingly a lot of PTs who specialize working with athletes. In my experience, the ones who prefer working with athletes are beyond pleased when they get to work with athletes who are motivated and will do their exercises.