February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    Welcome @JessicaVarvil !

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hello! I'm new to challenges here, so I joined this one because I like to run occasionally. I go to the gym with my sister on weekdays, but I really enjoy running, so I'm going to try to get a run in every weekend as a start. My goal is going to be pretty low this month, but everyone has to start somewhere!

February Goal: 15 miles
    Miles Run: 0 (so far...)

Welcome!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Welcome @JessicaVarvil!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member

Good to have you with us!!!
    As you said, we all started somewhere!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Everyone slow down... you are making me look bad.

My goal for Feb. is just to finish the 2 marathons I've signed up for and heal / not get more injured than I am today.
    How are your injuries? Am I remembering correctly that you are having calf pain and Achilles issues? Which races are you signed up for?
  • PastorVincent
    Everyone slow down... you are making me look bad.

My goal for Feb. is just to finish the 2 marathons I've signed up for and heal / not get more injured than I am today.

How are you doing on the goal of running a marathon in every state?
  • PastorVincent
    I have a trip to FL coming up next week. I always plan to run, but rarely do. So, even though I ran/walked almost 75 miles in January, I'm going to keep my goal at 50 miles for February.

Heh I do that all the time too, and maybe as much as half the time actually run when traveling. Maybe more like a quarter.

But do not underestimate the power of a break to relax and recover. Trips away are good for that. Help you recharge and reset.
  • PastorVincent
    Whatever I have done I the last few months I seem to end up with about 13 runs and 100k. I put some draft runs into my diary and it gave a much bigger number than that or I could expect to do.

So I am going to just to focus on this months main goal which is to run10k straight. Other goals are flexible.

1. Run 10k without interval
    2. Ttl no of runs 14+
    3. Total distance 110k+
    4. Long Run 17k+
    5. Strength training x3 wk
    6. Weight goal coming up
    7. Do not press done, press post.

Great goals, but #7 really stands out as one to knock down this month! :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So ran 7.2k this morning. Had toyed with the idea of doing 10 but I did the Parkrun portion a tad too fast, and by the time I'd stopped for my barcode scan - which took a few minutes due to a queue, I'd lost the drive to do the extra 3k. Given I'd done 7k yesterday, I wasn't that worried.

So the 7.2k was a park run? I kind of assumed without any good cause they were all 5ks... but then again you live in the future so maybe that only used to be true!
  • PastorVincent
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    200 mile goal

Glad to see you posting again. Hope February is a better month for you! Dew claws up!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Whatever I have done I the last few months I seem to end up with about 13 runs and 100k. I put some draft runs into my diary and it gave a much bigger number than that or I could expect to do.

So I am going to just to focus on this months main goal which is to run10k straight. Other goals are flexible.

1. Run 10k without interval
    2. Ttl no of runs 14+
    3. Total distance 110k+
    4. Long Run 17k+
    5. Strength training x3 wk
    6. Weight goal coming up
    7. Do not press done, press post.

Great goals, but #7 really stands out as one to knock down this month! :wink:

This is why I stopped using the app for posting. I just go to my browser. The "done" button drove me nuts