Ever felt lonely while in a relationship?

Tell your story...

Replies

• MissLea0424
    MissLea0424 Posts: 54 Member
    Yeah and they suck
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    I think this is more common than expected
  • MissLea0424
    If a partner makes you feel lonely, talk with them. Either it will help or it won't and you'll have your answer all the same. They either don't know their doing it or they are being distant because they are pretty much emotionally done with the relationship but perhaps doesn't know how to leave, doesn't want to be the bad person by leaving, or they are too comfortable with you and even though they don't have strong feelings anymore it's easy being with you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Yes, that’s why you should take a secret lover.

Good Morning !
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Good Morning !

Shhhh. I said secret
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Sort of. In my first marriage, I liked my husband fine but we just didn't connect deeply or have much attraction. We lived pretty separate lives and I felt marriage was similar to being single but with less financial worry and more approval from society.

Second marriage is totally & completely different (a million times better) and now I see what a happy, super-close and romantic relationship can be like.

It may make a bit of difference that I have always been pretty independent and not one to feel "lonely", I like my alone time. But when I compare the two marriages it is mindblowing to me, looking back...
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    If a partner makes you feel lonely, talk with them. Either it will help or it won't and you'll have your answer all the same. They either don't know their doing it or they are being distant because they are pretty much emotionally done with the relationship but perhaps doesn't know how to leave, doesn't want to be the bad person by leaving, or they are too comfortable with you and even though they don't have strong feelings anymore it's easy being with you.

Agree☝️☝️☝️
    Talk about it...sometimes the distance is about the relationship sometimes it could be something they are going through.
  • MissLea0424

Doesn't really fix the problem though. Might as well leave the relationship and then find someone new.

I was joking but now I’ll answer honestly

It’s a mistake to think one person will satisfy all your needs. Secrecy and lying are bad but relationships of various kinds and being part of a meaningful community is healthy.

Well not everyone is perfect lol. That's the beauty of life.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Yes 🤷🏻‍♀️Part of life isn’t it?

Life is what you make it, it’s upto you to make those changes so you don't feel lonely 👍
  • kegger1019
    kegger1019 Posts: 4 Member
    Ya it sucks! Get out, run fast!!!

Heck yeah! LEAVE NOW!!! Nothing worse than thinking a marriage can work only to have the other person say one thing to u and when thing to another!!!
  • kegger1019
    kegger1019 Posts: 4 Member

Run away!! Wasting someone’s precious time seems to be on the up and up today!!!

• justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member

I agree with this for the most part. The issue I have is the statement - "makes you feel lonely." No one can "make you feel anything." Other people may influence how you feel, but you are the only one in charge of your emotions.

I disagree a little. Emotions are emotions. You can’t make yourself not feel something. But you do have total control over how you respond to those emotions. For example, say someone very close to you passed away and you were very sad. Imagine someone telling you to get over it because you can control those emotions... doesn’t work that way! But you can control how you respond to the sadness.
  • WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    It happens - with long term relationships it can come and go.
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    My significant other generally feels this way while I'm farting around on this forum