February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    edited February 2020
    So many pages behind already. And it’s only the 1st. Lol.
    Started the month with 11.12 miles. Went more than I was supposed to. But, felt good so why not right. Also was trying fig newtons as fuel instead of chews, and I think they work better for me. Also had a banana before I started. Trial and error. I’m getting there.
    In addition, testing out the new shoes, which seem to be doing ok. I have Morton’s Neuroma ( doc and I just figured that out - classic symptoms) so have to go see a podiatrist. Oh joy.
    For this run though the Neuroma didn’t feel so bad thankfully. At times it’s been downright painful.

Hello to all newcomers!

@hamsterwheel6 - If you have any control over who you see try to find a podiatrist who is a runner or who treats runners. If they are not don't let them convince you that you shouldn't ever run... the goal is to get you to where you can run pain free not to stop running.

Thanks @LoveyChar - HM starts at 7:45am. I should be home in plenty of time before the game starts. DH wants to pick up a pizza from a place not too far from the race so he will order it before he comes to pick me up after the race and we will go get it. Hopefully it will be ready and we can head straight home from there.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    So many pages behind already. And it’s only the 1st. Lol.
    Started the month with 11.12 miles. Went more than I was supposed to. But, felt good so why not right. Also was trying fig newtons as fuel instead of chews, and I think they work better for me. Also had a banana before I started. Trial and error. I’m getting there.
    In addition, testing out the new shoes, which seem to be doing ok. I have Morton’s Neuroma ( doc and I just figured that out - classic symptoms) so have to go see a podiatrist. Oh joy.
    For this run though the Neuroma didn’t feel so bad thankfully. At times it’s been downright painful.

Hello to all newcomers!

@hamsterwheel6 - If you have any control over who you see try to find a podiatrist who is a runner or who treats runners. If they are not don't let them convince you that you shouldn't ever run... the goal is to get you to where you can run pain free not to stop running.

Thanks @LoveyChar - HM starts at 7:45am. I should be home in plenty of time before the game starts. DH wants to pick up a pizza from a place not too far from the race so he will order it before he comes to pick me up after the race and we will go get it. Hopefully it will be ready and we can head straight home from there.

Thanks @shanaber I will for sure. You are exactly right.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Opened February with 4.8 miles and my very first trail run casualty. I let a mountain biker pass us (because duh) but the dog likes to chase mountain bikers. So I'm prepared as she takes off but then she loses sight of him and slows down. I was trying to grab the top loop on her leash to control her a bit more, she sees him again and takes off. This time I wasn't quite ready and there was lots of loose rock. I went down. Have a cut on my right palm, a bruise forming on my left knee (painful at that) and a scraped up right knee. My UA capris also have a hole in the right knee now. Photos on my instagram story. I can't post a link but same user name with _ between each word.

Oh no, that’s awful. Hope it’s not too bad?