GAINING WEIGHT AWE YEA!!!!!!

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    elskeleton wrote: »
    Current Icon: 47.3 KG

Hey What The HECK!! Why are MY RIBS still sticking out? This isn't how I IDEALISED this moment to be. Is Everything Fake?????

Lolbutsrsly, anybody know how deep my ribs oughta' be?

There's no 'ought' as everyone is different

Indeed. I have a HUGE ribcage. Everyone's gone structure is a little different.

Yup. I'm 14kg heavier than the OP, and my ribcage is massive (also, see why I am a classic rectangle). You can see my side ribs and flared ribs pretty easily at my current weight.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Same here. I have a smallish frame at 6'1 but my lower ribs are relatively wide compared to everything else. You could see them at a body fat percentage and weight that is relatively high. There are also muscles there (serratus) that some people mistake for ribs. ;)
  • elskeleton
    elskeleton Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2018

Damned that accursed Vitruvian Man for making me think otherwise.

And damned my accursed tiny bones while I'm at it.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Current Icon: 47.3 KG

Hey What The HECK!! Why are MY RIBS still sticking out? This isn't how I IDEALISED this moment to be. Is Everything Fake?????

Lolbutsrsly, anybody know how deep my ribs oughta' be?

Indeed. I have a HUGE ribcage. Everyone's gone structure is a little different.

jseams1234 wrote: »
    Same here. I have a smallish frame at 6'1 but my lower ribs are relatively wide compared to everything else. You could see them at a body fat percentage and weight that is relatively high. There are also muscles there (serratus) that some people mistake for ribs. ;)

Same here...I have a huge rib cage and my ribs are visible at pretty much any weight I've been. Then you add a well developed serratus on top... I also don't store much fat on my upper half so my sternum is pretty much always visible too. Sorry man.
  • elskeleton
    Current Weight: 46.8

It's like dangling at the edge of the cliff against the sunset and the weighing scale is standing in front of you on two legs, face hidden in shade, waiting to cast the final verdict...
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    ive always been small, even still now.

SW: 110
    CW:142.3
    GW:145

im 5'4
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »

im 5'4

You're similar to me

SW: 114
    CW: 140
    GW: 140

I'm 5'5"
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member

im 5'4

You're similar to me

I'm 5'5"
    Yes very similar,
    how long did it take you to reach your goal?
  • Davidsdottir

im 5'4

You're similar to me

I'm 5'5"
    Yes very similar,
    how long did it take you to reach your goal?

Honestly, I've been doing this for about six years now. I bulked from 114 to 126, I think; cut to 122 and bulked to 130; cut to 126 and bulked to 132; cut to 126 and bulked to 140. I'm currently trying to recomp away the fat and maintain here.
  • elskeleton
    edited June 2018
    We're all cute here!

Except for my Weight dropping to 46 KG flat. Not cute, Weight.

I am cool with it though, it's all cool. Cool bordering on Apathetic. Yikes. Somebody yell at me.
  • Davidsdottir
    We're all cute here!

Except for my Weight dropping to 46 KG flat. Not cute, Weight.

I am cool with it though, it's all cool. Cool bordering on Apathetic. Yikes. Somebody yell at me.

Eat! Lol
  • elskeleton
    Current Weight: 44 KG

Yikes 💀

Time to hype myself up again.
  • elskeleton
    Current Weight: 43 KG

Omg why don't I eat? 😿
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    That's a really fast rate of loss. It's concerning.
  • KimeraK
    KimeraK Posts: 4 Member
    Weight Update: 45.4 kg

ALL HAIL HOLIDAY FOODS!
    I've never been heavier than 46 kg. Suspense.
    Yo how you doing now?

• elskeleton
    KimeraK wrote: »
    Yo how you doing now?

I didn't weigh myself correctly before 43 kg, so I was definitely solidly somewhere along 43 kg. It's been difficult concentrating on gaining because of work, specifically the inconsistent schedule, and it got really bad at the end of last year ~ start of this year because I got sick.

I'm Currently: 44 KG now, which is at least progress. More importantly I've been getting an eating...rhythm...thing as of late so I'm happy about that.

I talked about this with my doctor recently too and she said we'll meet in half a year to see my progress so yikes! Better get eating! And thanks for the concerns. 💞
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    KimeraK wrote: »
    Yo how you doing now?

I didn't weigh myself correctly before 43 kg, so I was definitely solidly somewhere along 43 kg. It's been difficult concentrating on gaining because of work, specifically the inconsistent schedule, and it got really bad at the end of last year ~ start of this year because I got sick.

I'm Currently: 44 KG now, which is at least progress. More importantly I've been getting an eating...rhythm...thing as of late so I'm happy about that.

I talked about this with my doctor recently too and she said we'll meet in half a year to see my progress so yikes! Better get eating! And thanks for the concerns. 💞

It might help if you bring high calorie snacks. Things like nuts and protein bars are good and easy ones. Also, you can drink chocolate milk with meals
  • elskeleton
    My biggest obstacles in gaining weight are hands down being too lazy to cook and cleaning dishes afterwards, not getting quality sleep and moving too much.

Gonna get into snacking!
  • elskeleton
    edited February 2020
    It isn't even lunch time yet and already I'm super full. *lies down forever trying to accept the fact I gotta force feed myself*
  • rainmanbonez
    rainmanbonez Posts: 9 Member
    Im 6’0 133lbs.been trying to gain weight for forever but i struggle.i just started making my own shakes but hitting a calorie goal of 3000 seems so hard.drinking just one of my 1000-1100 shakes is hard enough every morning and ive been trying to take another at night but its a challenge.any tips for weight gain would be a big help 😅😅