Tiny bruises all over legs ?

Options
FitnessFreak1821
FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
edited February 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been really pushing myself with work outs ( alot of Hiit type work outs for 30-45 minutes). Noticed only couple bruises the other day and today after intense cardio hiit workout there are tiny bruises all over my legs. I'm thinking it's from the work outs. Anyone have this happen to them?

Replies

• hereinmissouri
    hereinmissouri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm B12 deficient and get bruising on my legs. Mine are large though, think salad to dinner plate sized. If nothing has changed except the workouts, it's probably that but if it continues or other symptoms appear get to a Dr ASAP
  • FitnessFreak1821
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Do you have any other symptoms?

Petechiae (many tiny bruises) can result from strain during weight workouts, but can be a symptom of other things, too, especially if widespread and no obvious reason/cause.

No other symptoms besides tiny bruises. I have been using 5 pound weights doing hiit. Could 5 pound weights really do that or is it the real heavy weights? I'm really thinking it's the work outs though. If I get any other symptoms or worsens I'll go fo doctor.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    Options
    I'm B12 deficient and get bruising on my legs. Mine are large though, think salad to dinner plate sized. If nothing has changed except the workouts, it's probably that but if it continues or other symptoms appear get to a Dr ASAP

Hmmm I have had my b12 and iron checked after I had my daughter a year ago. Although I know you can go low at any time. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,201 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Do you have any other symptoms?

Petechiae (many tiny bruises) can result from strain during weight workouts, but can be a symptom of other things, too, especially if widespread and no obvious reason/cause.

No other symptoms besides tiny bruises. I have been using 5 pound weights doing hiit. Could 5 pound weights really do that or is it the real heavy weights? I'm really thinking it's the work outs though. If I get any other symptoms or worsens I'll go fo doctor.

Listen to what @LAT1963 said: If it's not gone very soon, take a picture and send it to your doctor and ask, or go to an urgent care. It may be nothing, but it might be a symptom of something of concern.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Take a pic of what you are seeing and ask your doc or an urgent care doc about it no later than Monday. Though it is probably nothing, it can also happen as a result of some conditions that, if not treated, can become life-threatening. So if you're developing a problem you want to identify it early and get treated so it doesn't bite you.

If it looks bad tomorrow go to urgent care, or the ER if you have any other symptoms (eg: fever, nausea, generally "feeling bad", etc.)

Thanks , so far no other symptoms. They don't even hurt to touch. I'll keep an eye on it though for sure.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,483 Member
    Options
    Think back carefully on what you’ve done.

I was getting big bruises above my elbows and around my hips and was totally puzzled. I didn’t remember running into anything, felt fine, my doctor pointed them out during a physical. After a couple of months of this, one day I crouched down to get into crow pose during yoga and it hit me. “Well d’oh!” Mystery solved.

Exercise can give you bruises in the weirdest, most unexpected places, and it doesn’t have to hurt when it happens. You just look down and “oh, hello there.”
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options

Hmmm I have had my b12 and iron checked after I had my daughter a year ago. Although I know you can go low at any time. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks

When my anemia slips out of control I bruise much more easily.
  • irenearr0
    irenearr0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get bruising from hip abduction machine
  • healingmysticmelody
    Options
    Vitamin K2
    I’ve been researching it because it helps the body use Vitamin D. Did a quick search right now and found this quote from WebMD:

“ Vitamin K may not get as much attention as some other vitamins. But it plays an important role in blood clotting. If you don't get enough vitamin K, you could get more bruises. Still, most healthy adults get enough of this vitamin from foods like leafy green vegetables.”

I chose Nature Made Vitamin because they are quality vitamins.
    Glad it was fresh in my mind and hope it helps. :)