Ugh Cravings!

Y’all how do you handle cravings!! I’m OK with eating healthy but while I sit at my desk all day I feel the need to snack! It doesn’t help that my office has a fully stocked kitchen. Any suggestions??? Thanks 😊

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Depends on what you feel is healthy.
    To me, foods I like/love, moderation, portion control and staying at a calorie deficit.
    Maybe bring snacks that you feel work into your budget.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I skip breakfast because I'd rather use those calories for a snack later in the day. I know which foods/times I want to eat most and allocate calories so I can do that.
  • katelynntavano
    katelynntavano Posts: 22 Member
    Same here!
    I keep healthy and low calorie snacks at my desk and work some into my budget every day ... but i eat a mint anytime i want something just out of boredom (knowing the mint would ruin the taste takes the fun out for me)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Plan for snacks. Bring snacks from home. Temptations are always going to be there, whether it's in the office, at a party, or even at home. We can't control others.

Give yourself a small budget for "fun calories." Allow yourself a piece of chocolate, a scoop of ice cream or a handful of chips. Learn how to stick to this budget. Weight loss is just the first step.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I agree with bringing snacks. In general I know if I have one it'll give myself permission to eat more since it's around. I started telling myself to only eat one if it's a better version, like pizza from a pizzera or chocolate from a candy store versus Papa Murphy's or a Hershey bar. It gets me through the craving and if I really want it I'll fit it into my calories. I rarely follow through with going to get it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Y’all how do you handle cravings!! I’m OK with eating healthy but while I sit at my desk all day I feel the need to snack! It doesn’t help that my office has a fully stocked kitchen. Any suggestions??? Thanks 😊

Now that I've upped protein and exercise during my lunch break, I don't get the afternoon munchies.

I see planned snacks as different from the mindless "bored eating" on hyper-palatable food that I used to do. When I worked in an office I brought in snacks like hard boiled eggs, carrot sticks, hummus, cheese, nuts, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I plan for an afternoon snack and typically bring my own. I realized a long time ago that just sitting at my desk mindlessly eating was more of just a bad habit than anything. Habits can be hard to break, but it can be done. Early on I took to munching on sunflower seeds to have something to do while I was working.
  • lollyolivia
    lollyolivia Posts: 305 Member
    This is really great! Thanks y’all 👍🏼 ❤️
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    One craving I get sometimes is chocolate, I find that eating 1/8 cup of semisweet chocolate chips seems to help, and has a lot less calories than candy bars
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2020
    I know this won't work for every person or job. But I have a no snacks rule for work. I eat breakfast before work and make sure to have a plentiful lunch and I don't snack at my desk at all, 99% of the time.

ETA: I make sure to have gum and lots of beverage choices on hand...coffee, hot flavored teas, sparkling flavored waters and normal water of course.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    One craving I get sometimes is chocolate, I find that eating 1/8 cup of semisweet chocolate chips seems to help, and has a lot less calories than candy bars

Yes, I can eat semisweet chocolate chips REALLY slowly, and my chocolate itch is well scratched by the time I am done.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Be sure to stay hydrated. I find that if I don't drink enough water I can have cravings. Also, try Zevia soda, flavored water, gum, or mints.
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    I know this won't work for every person or job. But I have a no snacks rule for work. I eat breakfast before work and make sure to have a plentiful lunch and I don't snack at my desk at all, 99% of the time.

ETA: I make sure to have gum and lots of beverage choices on hand...coffee, hot flavored teas, sparkling flavored waters and normal water of course.

That sounds so tough! Good for you!