Healthy protein rich breakfast ideas!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 2hot2
    2hot2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You eat steak for breaky!?? woah!

Anything with eggs. Omelette, scrambled eggs etc :-)

Steak for brekky is the breafast of champions...........at least for the first few days, after that it loses its appeal!!!
  • 2hot2
    Options
    Crossfit - bodybuilder group recommends cottage cheese for breakfast.. I add pineapple or apple sauce...

Chese is my mortal enemy...........if i was superman they would not use Kryptonite, oh no, it would be melted chese that bought me down.............
  • 2hot2
    Options
    Frozen fruit - make into a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder & some plain yoghurt/kwark
    Bagel and banana with cinnamon & honey
    Bagel with baked beans & bacon
    Wholewheat toast with baked beans & grilled tomato
    Yoghurt/kwark with fruit & linseeds or with a bit of muesli but be careful which you buy
    Omelette or frittata
    Scrambled eggs
    Oatmeal porridge
    Peanut butter & apple
    Rice & beans

This i like!!!!!! Frozen fruit and cinamon bagel sound quick and tasty.........in the bag!
  • 2hot2
    Options
    Eggs and Nuts, cheap and easy!

That sounds a bit kinky, it could be the name of a budget gay strip joint! haha
  • 2hot2
    Options
    Nice one you's lot of people, didnt expect so many replies, will definitely be giving some of them a whirl. I need to get my protein intake up............happy days!!!! Nom nom!
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use the Visalus protein powder (body by Vi) and add frozen fruit, it keeps me full until lunch. There are tons of recipes to mix it up a bit, it's like dessert for breakfast!
  • nancyl8198
    nancyl8198 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a great smoothie in the mornings - my son loves it:

1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
    1 Cup Trop 50 OJ or to save calories 1 cup of Crystal Light Orange
    1/2 Cup of Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (I omit this when making it for the kid)

Just blend and it's delicious. No need for ice since the strawberries are frozen.

Another great option for a grab and go breakfast is portion controlled protein cheesecake. I make three batches at once and eat one for breakfast with some fruit. Here's the link:

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/11/dessert-week-offering-5-niks-portion.html

I use vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract instead of lemon juice - it's quite good.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rowann
    Options
    English muffin with peanut butter... keeps me going right through to lunch with no problem... :)

I avoided peanut butter for ages because of how high a calorie count it had per gram, but now I'm a convert - the stuff is fantastic...
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Frozen fruit - make into a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder & some plain yoghurt/kwark
    Bagel and banana with cinnamon & honey
    Bagel with baked beans & bacon
    Wholewheat toast with baked beans & grilled tomato
    Yoghurt/kwark with fruit & linseeds or with a bit of muesli but be careful which you buy
    Omelette or frittata
    Scrambled eggs
    Oatmeal porridge
    Peanut butter & apple
    Rice & beans

This i like!!!!!! Frozen fruit and cinamon bagel sound quick and tasty.........in the bag!

I like these toooooo! Thanks!:wink:
  • sazzlewilson
    Options
    poached egg/eggs on a piece of toast with wilted spinnach.
    Cottage cheese on toast with some tomato and rocket.
    I know a lot of people say egg white omelettes, but i've actually been told that the egg yolk improves the amount of protein that is absorbed by the body in the egg white - so it's best to eat the whole egg.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and I pretty much eat an egg on an english muffin every morning! Om nom nom!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i would keep going with the steak, but get "minute steak"

its really thin so takes no time to cook and its relatively cheap because its pounded out so that bigger pieces actually dont weigh as much as the unprepared one.
  • WendyHJ
    Options
    I am working with a physician. She said I needed 25-30 g protein within 60 minutes of getting up. Eggs only have 6 g protein. The only way I see to get this much protein is with a protein shake. I recommend Syntrax Nectar Sweets. A huge variety in flavors, all have 23-25 g protein, and if you mix in milk you get that protein also (8 g in 1%). Just don't mix Roadside Lemonade or Fuzzy Navel into milk, eeesh **shudder** it was horrible. My faves are chocolate truffle and cappuccino flavors.
  • WendyHJ
    Options
    I am working with a physician. She said I needed 25-30 g protein within 60 minutes of getting up. Eggs only have 6 g protein. The only way I see to get this much protein is with a protein shake. I recommend Syntrax Nectar Sweets. A huge variety in flavors, all have 23-25 g protein, and if you mix in milk you get that protein also (8 g in 1%). Just don't mix Roadside Lemonade or Fuzzy Navel into milk, eeesh **shudder** it was horrible. My faves are chocolate truffle and cappuccino flavors.
  • mags2504
    Options
    bump for later
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Why don't you try an egg white omelette with say some philly light cheese as the filling, the egg whites are pure protein, no fat and no cholestrol and if you can't be bothered separating eggs you can buy two chicks liquid egg white in a carton at various shops including sainsburys, check out their website twochicks.co.uk for stockists and other recipe suggestions
    this is a great site ^^
    They've got some receipes too: http://www.twochicks.co.uk/recipe_home.php