How much progress does it look like I've made on my stomach?

Options
13»

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Be happy. :)
  • 96leah
    96leah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    I will answer. You look slim. Any sort of seated position has the opportunity to squish our midsections a tad, even when we're in great shape.

Thanks for answering. I was sitting up straight and breathing my stomach in in this photo.
  • 96leah
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I will add this for the chance that these posts are genuine: there is nothing wrong with how you look. As others have mentioned, these weird creepy photo angles make it very hard to get a good view, but there's nothing wrong with how you look in the photos.

Whatever you are trying to get out of these posts, it is not something that we can provide you with. I strongly recommend that you seek help with dealing with the issues that these posts are screaming with.

Why would my post not be genuine? Why would I want to know how thin or not thin another woman looks?
  • 96leah
    Options
    96leah wrote: »
    csplatt wrote: »
    I will answer. You look slim. Any sort of seated position has the opportunity to squish our midsections a tad, even when we're in great shape.

Thanks for answering. I was sitting up straight and breathing my stomach in in this photo.

So, it's not the real you, then? Remind me again what the point of all of this is? I'm confused.

Well it is me, I'm just sitting up straight and breathing in, because sometimes sitting down can be an unflattering angle ..
  • 96leah
    Options
    Why would my post not be genuine? Why would I want to know how thin or not thin another woman looks?

I think people are just wondering why you seem to be dredging up photographs of yourself, taken in random situations and positions that make it hard for anyone to offer genuine opinions.

If you really want answers (and, quite honestly, who cares what a bunch of strangers think, anyway!) then take a current, standard ‘progress’ type photo, standing still and straight, not ‘sucked in’. Or ask your friends and family - they know you best!

Since you resist doing this, it’s not surprising that people’s suspicions are aroused by your motives. 🤷‍♀️

There are photos of me taken in random situations when I was on holiday and at parties. The bicycle photo was a posed photo, I'm sitting up and posing. The party photo (grey dress from other post) is a candid.

I wanted to post clothed photos as I don't feel comfortable posting bikini shots online.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I think people are just wondering why you seem to be dredging up photographs of yourself, taken in random situations and positions that make it hard for anyone to offer genuine opinions.

If you really want answers (and, quite honestly, who cares what a bunch of strangers think, anyway!) then take a current, standard ‘progress’ type photo, standing still and straight, not ‘sucked in’. Or ask your friends and family - they know you best!

Since you resist doing this, it’s not surprising that people’s suspicions are aroused by your motives. 🤷‍♀️

There are photos of me taken in random situations when I was on holiday and at parties. The bicycle photo was a posed photo, I'm sitting up and posing. The party photo (grey dress from other post) is a candid.

I wanted to post clothed photos as I don't feel comfortable posting bikini shots online.

So if you want opinions on your shape, wear tight clothing, go into your bathroom with good lighting, and face the mirror. Take a picture. Then turn to one side, so that your shoulder is facing the mirror, and take another.

If you want fitness feedback, not allegations that you are a troll, do this, because it's kinda the standard for how people show progress on this site. If you want my opinion on how you look in the pictures you've posted, I think you look just fine, but it's weird that we only see a chunk of you, more a critique of the picture than the pictured.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    How you look - sucked in or puffed out, sitting or standing, slim or fluffy - does not define you and does not define fitness or health.

The comments that question your motivation are from people who are concerned about a part of you that matters - your mental health and wellbeing.

Take the time to work out why you posted and consider that this post was never going to give you the replies you wanted.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,779 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I have merged in another thread, and wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of the combined thread. As Alex said before, if you have concerns about a post or a member, please report your concerns. Don't accuse people of being a troll or making fake posts.

Many of our members want to look better, and want feedback on how they are doing. There's nothing wrong with that. Please remember that there are real people behind the screen, and the words you use matter. :flowerforyou:

Here's a link to our Community Guidelines, as a reminder:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great weekend,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.