It's girl scout cookie time

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I hate GS cookies. I dread being put on the spot to buy any of them.

You can buy a box and have it shipped to soldiers overseas. I find that's a great option sometimes.

I guess I could replace the cookies inside with something edible too.

Wrong. So wrong.

50onidj0kelq.gif
  • quiksylver296
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

I have never eaten one of those. For the most part I hate coconut flakes.
  • quiksylver296
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. ;)

How do you feel about margaritas?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I love girl scout cookies. I'm sure there's some nostalgia (I was a girl scout in elementary school) but I love them all, even the Trefoils.
  • quiksylver296
    I love girl scout cookies. I'm sure there's some nostalgia (I was a girl scout in elementary school) but I love them all, even the Trefoils.

Trefoils are my second favorite, after Samoas.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. ;)

How do you feel about margaritas?

You and I should have a samoa and margarita party! Novus is only invited if he brings his own boring snacks.
  • RelCanonical

They are my third favorite, after Thin Mints and Samoas. Then probably tagalongs.

Apparently there's a smores cookie and a toffee cookie now? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/17/girl-scout-cookies-2020-flavors-thin-mints-samoas-differ-us/4487968002/

It seems they rotate other flavors.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

Trefoils are my favorites, have been since they were Scot Teas. Close second, Thin Mints.
  • quiksylver296

They are my third favorite, after Thin Mints and Samoas. Then probably tagalongs.

Apparently there's a smores cookie and a toffee cookie now? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/17/girl-scout-cookies-2020-flavors-thin-mints-samoas-differ-us/4487968002/

I tried the smores last year. Boring...

Is the toffee the gluten-free one?
  • RelCanonical

Looks like it is. I wonder if the price is different because of that.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Yes. I tried one of those...someone else had bought a box. The taste was okay but the texture is very dry and crumbley.
  • RelCanonical

Yes. I tried one of those...someone else had bought a box. The taste was okay but the texture is very dry and crumbley.

Meh. Would have preferred a toffee cookie to be chewy with crunchy toffee bits.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited February 2020
    Even though I like Girl Scout cookies, this grosses me out every time I see it in the grocery store...8srqjk3yddv6.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

They're $6 instead of the $5. I actually really like the toffee ones.

I'm looking forward to trefoils, tagalongs refrigerated, do si dos...

I LOVE the thanks a lot but we don't get them in my region. I have to hope one of our clients brings one or two packages (if we even have girl scout clients anymore. They grow up so fast *sniffle*)

I buy a box of savannahs for a different taste.

I'd like the samoas better without the coconut.

• RelCanonical
    glassyo wrote: »

They're $6 instead of the $5. I actually really like the toffee ones.

I'm looking forward to trefoils, tagalongs refrigerated, do si dos...

I LOVE the thanks a lot but we don't get them in my region. I have to hope one of our clients brings one or two packages (if we even have girl scout clients anymore. They grow up so fast *sniffle*)

I buy a box of savannahs for a different taste.

I'd like the samoas better without the coconut.

Ohhhh, I've had the Thanks a Lots once. I think it was a cousin in New York we bought cookies from. I had to look them up to remember but those are definitely good.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    If a Girl Scout rings my doorbell, I shall purchase two boxes of Thin Mints. No Samoas or Tagalongs this year.

Already rethinking the Samoas. Maybe one box.

I should say that it's unlikely a Girl Scout WILL ring my doorbell. Previous years I've bought from a co-worker, but that is no longer applicable. ;)

Girl Scouts sell them at my church. I will buy one box of Thin Mints and one of Samoas (I do this every year).
  • RelCanonical
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    If a Girl Scout rings my doorbell, I shall purchase two boxes of Thin Mints. No Samoas or Tagalongs this year.

Already rethinking the Samoas. Maybe one box.

I should say that it's unlikely a Girl Scout WILL ring my doorbell. Previous years I've bought from a co-worker, but that is no longer applicable. ;)

Girl Scouts sell them at my church. I will buy one box of Thin Mints and one of Samoas (I do this every year).

I get mine at the local grocery store. The girl scouts will usually have a table set up with cookies.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited February 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Love them but never buy them anymore. I cannot tell you how many boxes I bought over the years and devoured myself. :( They used to carry shortbread cookies covered in chocolate, those were my favorites.
    Honestly, I can't think of any GS cookie I dislike. :blush: Kinda glad they're so expensive and I don't know anyone who sells them anymore.

Here, they have the girls set up booths at different locations (retailers like grocery stores) and they sell them throughout the cookie selling season. It’s a good cause, so I usually buy some.

They set up outside the grocery stores here too.

They don't go door to door here that I've noticed. In my old neighborhood there were too many multiunit condo buildings and you'd never get trick or treaters either, but now I get lots of trick or treaters so I just assume they've all realized that it's way more efficient to sell at grocery stores (as well as churches for those troops that meet out of a church or church school).
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I like to dip the short bread ones and the smores one in a cup of coffee - yum. I usually see the girl scouts at my local Kroger and buy a couple boxes but they haven't been there yet that I've seen. I usually buy about 5 boxes, including 2 thin mints because I always give one to my dad <3