It's girl scout cookie time

Replies

• karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    Fortunately I have no taste for girl scout cookies in the least. I find them kind of gross actually. Way over processed. Lucky me!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    My daughter is selling them this year. We bought 10 boxes...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    My daughter is selling them this year. We bought 10 boxes...

We had a client come in yesterday with her kid aged entourage and I came so close to asking if they were girl scouts 😀 My boss buys like maybe $150 worth of cookies a year.

I still buy from random troops camped out in front of my grocery store, tho.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I hate GS cookies. I dread being put on the spot to buy any of them.

You can buy a box and have it shipped to soldiers overseas. I find that's a great option sometimes.

I have done this in the past when my granddaughter was a girl scout and sold the cookies.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

I have never eaten one of those. For the most part I hate coconut flakes.

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. ;)

How do you feel about margaritas?

I love margaritas. I have cut back on my alcohol these days so do not think I will be drinking enough to start eating gs cookies.

I have tried to like them. I see everyone raving about them but to me the worst store bought cookie is still better.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    karenscfld wrote: »
    Fortunately I have no taste for girl scout cookies in the least. I find them kind of gross actually. Way over processed. Lucky me!

:laugh: 🙄🙄🙄
  • glassyo
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

I love margaritas. I have cut back on my alcohol these days so do not think I will be drinking enough to start eating gs cookies.

I have tried to like them. I see everyone raving about them but to me the worst store bought cookie is still better.

They basically *are* the store bought cookies. One of the bakeries, Little Brownie Bakers, is a subsidiary of Keebler.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited February 2020
    07p24tmwtzuj.jpg

Oddly enough I have no taste for most store bought cookies (they never attract me, I never buy them), but I do like some girl scout cookies. I sold them back in the day, so I'm sure it's sentimental. I love buying a few yearly, and I would never want to stop enjoying them, although they also are not a food I have trouble moderating.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I think it's also a factor for me that they are not always available. I can get Oreos at any store, but I can't just pick up a box of Thin Mints whenever I want them. It makes it seem more like a special treat.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Didn't buy any last year, but this year I got 1 mint and 1 trefoil from a co-worker's daughter. Still unopened here in one of my drawers at work. Will probably take one home and put it in the freezer tonight and leave the other one at work. Will have to avoid the little dealers (LOL) when they have their booths at the grocery over the next few weeks.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    So, looking at my boxes - thin mints are 160 calories for a 4 cookie serving size and the trefoils are 160 calories for a 5 cookie serving size. Easy enough for me to moderate and not eat one entire sleeve in one sitting like I would in the past!
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    If it helps sway your decision at all, they may be the most delicious things on the planet, but that industry is one of the single most consumers of palm oil in the world. Clearcutting rainforests for palm plantations. I try to tell my self that for every box I don't buy I'm saving an orangutan. Sometimes it helps...

Actually... some Girl Scouts tackled this issue. They only use palm oil from companies that had adopted zero-deforestation policies now.

http://www.speakingchange.org/scouts/

I like to think of it less as buying a box of cookies and more about funding the next generation of movers and shakers. :smile:
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited February 2020
    Deleted :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited February 2020
    Deleted :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I turn them away because i have the 'beetus. :(
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I turn them away because i have the 'beetus. :(

8i3rupknhy7p.jpeg

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Yes, love them all but my top three are Samoas, Thin Mints, and Tagalongs.
  • glassyo
    Ok, so I really don't like mint so never had a thin mint. One day, at work, I was desperate for some chocolate. Like REALLY desperate. So I tried a thin mint. I planned on eating around the outside and just getting the chocolate but one nibble and ewwwwwwwwwww the mint is strong in that one.

I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth all day.

The end.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    No girl scout cookies in my country 😭