Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Options

Replies

• mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @vegasgirl0825 I get it! I have had the same struggles...are you weighing your food and logging accurately? Are you drinking enough water? If you are exercising are you eating enough? These are all things that factor in. If you are doing all the things right...you will get a swoosh, you just have to be patient! Don't give up! If you want an indulgent day then have one...just know that weight loss should be slow for it to be a lifestyle change...just know that sometimes there won't be a loss and when you have a great week with no indulgences you will see a bigger loss. Being up 1.1 pounds is nothing, promise you...that will come off if you stick with it.

Vent as much as you want! That's what this thread is for!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Savannah80 - please don't be discouraged with just a 1/2 pound loss this week. This is what happens. You'll be down 3 pounds the week before, the next week you won't lose anything, then the week after that it will be another 3 pounds. When you add them all up together, its 2 pounds a week - a pretty rapid weight loss weight overall. You don't have to make any changes to your routine just because you had a slow week. If you are eating at a deficit of 1000 calories a day, you will average a weight loss of 2 pounds a week. It's just that it won't be 2 pounds every week - it will look more like 8 pounds a month. I recommend that you use the weight tracking app Libra. I think that will help you see your overall progress and reduce your frustration.

And your body water % will increase as your % of lean tissue increases. Muscle mass is 70% water. Drinking more water won't increase your muscle mass. Increasing muscle mass something you'll continue to do over many years if you stick with strength training with the bulk of your muscle gain occurring after you hit maintenance. It is a slow process. When you are eating in a calorie deficit, you are at risk of losing both fat and muscle at the same time. You should give yourself a pat on the back if you are able to retain the muscle mass you have right now during your weight loss. My goal is to decrease my fat % while preserving my muscle. Later, when I'm not eating at a deficit, I can think about body recomposition.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @speyerj It is a good loss (but over at least 3 weeks).

Because of my “off” days, or when I travel for work, I alwaaaaaaays worry any of the weight loss is water weight. Hoping it maintains this week to show a true 240.

Do you all have opinions of regular scale vs electric (for body, not food...I trust a calibrated pressure weight scale most for that)?
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome new posters . :smile: Congrats to all those who had losses this week. For those who are struggling with various issues be strong and focused. We can reach our goals!! So many with marathons coming up. Y'all are going to kill it! I will be cheering from the sidelines. Gotta tally up my check in progress.

@sharpdust Congrats on hitting the 15lb loss! You are doing great. The exercise will come when it comes. Remember weight loss all boils down to calories in calories out.

@shorepine You aren't a failure. I'm sure even the skinny people have to be mindful of how they are eating or they would gain also. There are many things we all have to pay attention to in our lives for health and various other reasons. Needing to keep track of what I'm eating will always be a part of my life if I want to keep weight. It's no different than making sure I take meds, put on a seatbelt, etc.

@mmccloy12 Great whoosh!
    Making the decision to drop the gym membership is best for you. There is no reason to have the added stress and guilt from it. I love having what I need at home and think you will too. Having the freedom to workout when I can and without much effort works well.

@Terytha Way to go for something that is outside your "normal" comfort zone. I bet y'all will have a blast. In my head there are things I would like to try but am worried I can't bc of the weight etc. I'm hoping as the weight comes off the confidence to try a few of them will come along also.

@CupcakeCrusoe "Previous me would never have done it, but at some point, I said to myself, self, give it a try." I need this so bad! The image of a bunch of Elvis costumed runners in the woods is cool.

@VictorSmashes Congrats on hitting onederland! I hope you are flares are calming down and you are feeling better.

@theleadmare I bet you are just holding water from all the extra exercise you've been getting in. That drop will happen bc I know you are working hard.

@TuesdayLucero Hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes our bodies need a small break esp when we feel a cold etc coming on.

@mmdeveau Love the tip about talking yourself about the benefits through the first few minutes of exercise to allow the endorphines to kick in. There are many days when I have to really focus on song lyrics while on the elliptical and tell myself only x number of songs to go.

@Danielle__S "You're here! You already did the hardest part!" That's a great sign. Right above my elliptical is a gorgeous painting of a tiger that belong to my son. I was young in the Rocky movie era. When I'm working out I look at the painting and tell myself I've got the Eye of the Tiger. Little things like motivating signs and pictures are great.

@Savannah80 Celebrate the .5lb loss and let the disappointment go. That is a very healthy steady loss. Every week is going to be different with losses, nothing, and gains. It is just part of the process. With all the exercise you do eating more the 1200 is a good thing. Your body just needs time to find a place to settle in and it will be fine.

@kali31337 Congrats on passing your exams and a great loss. Getting a little off occasionally is normal esp when having great news.

@aliciap0116 I just know you are rockin' those jeans!!

@vegasgirl0825 You lost 4lbs since Monday and basically undone all the yummy Super Bowl fun. That's great! I know it's frustrating but just keep sticking with your plan and think about next week. We can celebrate and indulge but have to be aware that we will also have to put in a little extra work or time to keep on track. You've got this.