NEW OPEN GROUP :)

Options

Replies

• bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been finding for an open group for months now i'd love to join! We can even throw in a food one too like no cookies,cake pastries for a month or something
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm totally interested in this.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many people interested - hope to see your info entered soon :)

I have come up with some daily challenges for this week... Would love feedback and ideaaaas!!! I would really like this to not be all about exercise stuff too, so I would love more ideas for personal challenges too :) And I would LOVE if we could all be really supportive of each other by encouraging each other to share the experience :flowerforyou: also a good way for some of us loners to get to know some more people!

I sort of thought that the daily goals should mostly be short and attainable things that we can do on top of normal routine, so I tried to think of easy things to get us into it to start with. But definitely happy to go with the flow and make it harder if requested/ideas suggested! I thought the weekly goals should be somewhat harder but more flexible to achieve.

Week beginning 1 Sept - Weekly goals (as previously mentioned:
    1. Try at least one new vegetable/fruit and report back about your experience.
    2. Minimum 3.5 hours of exercise this week.
    3. Identify at least one NSV (non scale victory) for the week and share your story with us.

1 Sept: 1 minute of jumping jacks/starjumps + 1 minute of burpees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE) + 1 minute of pushups (whatever style is hardest but achieveable for you) + 2 minute of fast stairs or 1 minute of step ups for each leg = 5 minutes of cardio to get us all moooooooooooooving!

2 Sept: 1km.mile time challenge

3 Sept: 2x15 walking lunges, 2x15 squats, plank/hover as long as you can hold it!

4 Sept: 5 minutes of core strengthening yoga :) for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaDlKhifkQ

5 Sept: drink at least 2.5L water

6 Sept: 2x25 crunches, 2 x15 tricep dips

7 Sept: Review your motivation photos and remind yourself what you are doing all this for!

Further days' challenges open for suggestion :smile: please share any ideas or requests!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Aw YAY! I love the name! :D
    anddd..here we go!

MFP'er: miadvh
    height: 5'4"
    weight: 220 lbs.
    bust/chest: 46"
    waist: 41.75"
    hips: 46.75 "
    1km/mile time: no dang clue. :laugh: Haha I'll try and time mine asap! :happy:

Edit: Oh yeah! I did my push-ups..and over an hour of Zumba today..does that count as my 5 min. of cardio?? :tongue: Didn't do the others because jumping around would wake my son! :sad:

Loving the challenges you've listed!
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yay, good job!

I've done my quick challenge for today too :) feeling great!

Anyone else wanting to join who is ready to share their info?
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I messaged you mine. I didnt think to post it here. duh! I missed out on Sep 1st cuz I was in bed already. I'm in the U.S. In Indiana. Where is everyone from???

A bit about me... I work as a Surgical Technologist in a small hospital. I am married, this month is our 10 year ann. We have 3 girls. The twins will be 12 this month, and I have a 9 year old. I was a couch potato, and now, I am moving more. Love it!!!

Suggestions: How about giving up pop? or search online for a new exercise and share. (For me, I don't have much workout stuff, I walk and that is about it, and then some strength training)
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Sorry to be a pain... when is our official weigh day? I know we post daily on things, but when are we going to post weight? I am in 3 challenges now, and I am making a chart so I don't miss a weigh in. lol Notes are my lifesaver. LOL
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Sorry guys, my ideas are coming: How about Bring your lunch to work? No eating out for X days in a row... Try a new recipe and then share, if it was good. lol If we all have kids, try to take them with on walks? Or substitute something we have for something better, line instead of white bread, go whole grain. I found a 35 cal a slice bread with 5 g or fiber. I'll post the name if anyone is interested. it is wonderful, so soft... Or park as far away from the door as possible.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am trying to take over, I just know the last challenge I was in, the lady who ran it had a hard time coming up with something different after so many days.

Well, I'm off to work, have a great day!!!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey I would love to join if you are still taking people.

I will work out my info and post soon!!

Amanda.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ok here you go

MFP'er: amandac72
    height: 5'2
    weight:138.9 lbs/63kg
    bust/chest: 36.5/92.5cm
    waist: 32/81cm
    hips: 40/101.5cm
    1km/mile time: last time I did this it was about 6mins but I really need to do it again. Will update when I do!!
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP buddy! I would love to join this group too..given that college starts in two weeks and it'll be alot harder sticking to my calorie and exercise goals.

MFP'er: Mabel (screen name-mabelebam)
    height: 167cm
    weight: 90kg/199lbs
    bust/chest: 43in
    waist: 36in
    hips: 45in
    1km/mile time: 9-10min/km

thanks so much for creating this open group! hope it'll be a productive September ahead for us! xx
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is it still ok for me to join?

I will read this thread properly later as I am at work right now in my break and not got chance to read it all.

Looking forward to september now.
    :happy:
    Crazy C :bigsmile:
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I would love to join like all the ideas you guys have
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    MFP Mizzladylisa (Lisa)
    height: 5'4
    weight:149
    bust/chest: unsure
    waist: unsure
    hips: unsure
    1km/mile time: idk yet
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Oh Oh ADD ME too!!!

Josaleigh (JO)
    height: 5'6"
    weight:173
    bust/chest: unsure
    1km/mile time: 14:45 min/mile

Week 2 Day 3 of C25K
  • brianna789
    Options
    I would like to join the group.
  • brianna789
    Options
    Kristy
    height: 5'5
    weight:192
    bust/chest: 38
    1km/mile time: 12:00 min/mile
  • BrookeIsLIFE
    Options
    I would be interested in joining a group. today is my first day on myfitnesspal so i'm still kinda learning how it works but if the group is just for the month of September you could do Slimming September or something like that. Also you could have weekly challenges like :

1. trying a new fruit or veggie
    2. take your favorite meal and making it healthier and then we could share our recipes.
    3. trying a new form of exercise

Things like that! :) hope this helps!

-Brooke
  • BrookeIsLIFE
    Options
    my info:

Height: 5'4
    Starting Weight/MFP: 196
    Current Weight: 189
    October 1st Goal: 179
    Halloween/Homecoming Weekend Goal: 165
    Birthday Goal: 140
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options

A bit about me... I work as a Surgical Technologist in a small hospital. I am married, this month is our 10 year ann. We have 3 girls. The twins will be 12 this month, and I have a 9 year old. I was a couch potato, and now, I am moving more. Love it!!!

Wow!! Congrats on 10 years! That's pretty awesome. :)