Replies

• Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh! SW = 282.0
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just finished Leslie Sansone's Cardio-Slim on U-Verse Exercise TV. It's a great beginner work-out. Now I'm pumped and can't weight (pun intended) to start the September challenge. Feel free to Add me as a friend. I'm fairly new to MFP. This is my first challenge and I could use some buddies.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    SW 208.1
    Did I miss the first challenge?
  • mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am excited to continue with the Challenge...10lbs, I am coming for you

SW: 231.4lbs
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ok, Ok!! Here's the link to the spreadsheet! There are well over 700 of you, so it took me a bit to get everything set up. Please check to see that I have your screen name spelled correctly and that your starting weight is correct. If I don't have a starting weight in there for you - add it or send me a message and I can add it for you. I didn't create a column for tomorrow because I'm still missing a lot of starting weights - so the first official weigh in will be NEXT Friday! Let me know if you have any questions!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdFhpSVlFYWNsdjR4N3lUNVNjTnhlVlE&hl=en_US

P.S. Mini-challenge coming soon!
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok, Ok!! Here's the link to the spreadsheet! There are well over 700 of you, so it took me a bit to get everything set up. Please check to see that I have your screen name spelled correctly and that your starting weight is correct. If I don't have a starting weight in there for you - add it or send me a message and I can add it for you. I didn't create a column for tomorrow because I'm still missing a lot of starting weights - so the first official weigh in will be NEXT Friday! Let me know if you have any questions!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdFhpSVlFYWNsdjR4N3lUNVNjTnhlVlE&hl=en_US

P.S. Mini-challenge coming soon!

Hooray I'm there. Let the challenge begin. Thank you so much for doing this.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am on the list....let the challenge begin!!!!!!!

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    MINI-CHALLENGE FOR WEEK 1:

In my opinion, there are three VERY important parts to successfully losing weight and keeping it off:

1. Nutrition (NOT diet - it must be a lifestyle CHANGE!)
    2. Exercise
    3. Psychological

This week's mini-challenge will involve all three aspects:

1. Drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water EVERY DAY - our bodies are primarily water and WILL NOT FUNCTION without the proper amounts. 64oz is an absolute minimum daily intake just for your body to function - so how do you expect to lose weight if your body is dehydrated?? :drinker:

2. Try a new exercise that you don't normally do or haven't done in a really long time. For women this might be weight training - a lot of times we have AWESOME cardiovascular systems but no muscle whatsoever, but our muscle is the fat-burners in our bodies. Also, sometimes our bodies simply get used to what we are doing and thus the dreaded plateau. Try to confuse your body this week and report back with what you did and how you liked it.

3. Think about (and share if you feel comfortable) what got you to where you are today. Why did you let yourself go? What was your awakening moment when you knew something had to change? What situations trigger you to not make healthy decisions and how can you control those situations? Life happens, and sometimes we need to focus on what happens in life and how we react to those situations and be ready to deal with them when they arise.

I welcome ALL of you to the September challenge and look forward to seeing some AWESOME losses! MFP love!! :love:
  • chellaJKR
    Options
    Woohoo! You're amazing =D
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am totally down. I was inspired and challenged by the august challenge. I was so proud of myself for doing really well at it too!
  • pegglesw
    Options
    I will give it a try, I am in!
  • Marycan2
    Options
    Hi, I would love to give it a chance, to help me lose 10 lbs!!!! My first MG by the way! I hope I'm not too late!
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YAY! I am on it and correct:) Can't wait. Only 5 pounds lost in August, hoping at least 8-10 in September:)
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One of these months I have to meet the challenge so Im in for another month. LOL
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wowzers 700 people!
    That's awesome.
    Looks like you have a second job in the charting department!
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm on the list and all is correct for me. Looking forward to an awesome September!! (at least for working out and trimming down! lol)
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wowzers 700 people!
    That's awesome.
    Looks like you have a second job in the charting department!

Right?!! Is this going to stay one big group, or break down into teams like last month? That's a lot of people! :noway:
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    jrdoty: 3. Think about (and share if you feel comfortable) what got you to where you are today. Why did you let yourself go? What was your awakening moment when you knew something had to change? What situations trigger you to not make healthy decisions and how can you control those situations? Life happens, and sometimes we need to focus on what happens in life and how we react to those situations and be ready to deal with them when they arise.

I am 6'2" and have not seen 200 pounds in over 20 years. I went to the doc for something totally different this summer and he made me take off my shirt. When I asked why, he merely said "I just wanted to see how damn fat you are". He said to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. So, here I am. I started on July 11 and have lost 40 pounds. My ultimate goal is 195 (or less) and I am within 15 pounds of that goal. I started at 250.5. Thanks for this challenge. I know it will be a lot of work for us as well as you.
  • ddoolittle
    Options
    Glad I found the thread! Excited to start Sept with a bang! I lost 5 in August and hope to do the same in Sept!
  • kciboo
    Options
    Hi all, I'm hoping it's not too late to join. Great goal and totally do-able. Wishing us all luck.

Any tips for a late night binger? I just read a great tip: Since my calorie goal is 1200, eat 1000 before 6pm, and save 200 for an evening bite.

I eat "well" through the day up until AFTER dinner. Since I am an all-or-nothing type I feel horrible when I go over even 10 calories on the counter and wind up binging after dinner. Still working on this! =/

GOOD LUCK! :flowerforyou: