Need advice as to why I’m not losing

Replies

• Jossy_star
    Jossy_star Posts: 7 Member
    I am not 100% sure but swelling indicates water retention try lowering your salt intake and drink more water and remember weight loss is not a quick fix it’s a lifestyle
  • covevendor
    covevendor Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2020
    "OP was bed ridden from complications for a month and had a poor diet prior to the removal. It is not uncommon for the edema she is describing to be related to low protein/low albumin. Additionally, many post-op complications are a result of poor protein intake needed for proper healing. Of course, her doctor is the most appropriate person for her to be discussing this with.[/quote]"

I really doubt from her description that she has hypoalbuminemia. In addition, I have not noticed waxing and waning edema to be commonly due to low protein since it more typically causes persistent swelling. This is a minor laparoscopic procedure to remove it and it would be uncommon to be bed ridden from complications from the removal.
  • covevendor
    covevendor Posts: 5 Member
    "Did you actually read the OP?? It's clearly stated that this person is under eating by quite a bit. They don't need medication to curb their appetite.

This is the second time I've seen you suggest completely unwarranted weight loss medication."

Thanks. Yes I read their post. Did you look at my reply? Did you read what the poster said? I think not. We actually do not know how much she is consuming based on her not keeping a careful log. I doubt that we are truly at 1/2 that goal, and I think it would be useful to keep a careful log. I mentioned medication (which it turns out she is on...read her post) since it is an option depending on her degree of obesity. I have made 2 posts by the way so thanks for reading them. I think in both cases medication to assist in weight loss is an option especially if we are going to the point of surgical intervention, but as I mentioned it should be discussed with her physician.
  • Rowdib
    Rowdib Posts: 11 Member
    Wow. I’m an educated woman, and in my way of thinking, if I’m cooking my own food at home, at least I know what is going into it and how it is cooked. And so from what I’m gathering here, if I open a can of black beans to use in a recipe, the nutritional information in the side of the can is not to be trusted?? That just doesn’t seem right to me. And if you can’t trust the nutritional information on the packages, then where do you get it? The nutrition fairy?? If I go to a restaurant I have no reassurance of exactly what is in my food, how much exactly is there, or how it was cooked. Or am I supposed to trust their handy nutritional guides? Come on. And btw, by not eating nachos, I know damn well I haven’t consumed a days worth of empty calories in one setting. And that my friend, is all the accuracy I need when it comes to nachos. I think these boards could use a little more positivity and a little less criticism. I know I asked for advice, but good grief, I never thought people would be this negative. It’s hard enough to do what we’re doing, a little encouragement goes a long way.
  • salvador231
    salvador231 Posts: 7 Member
    Make sure you get enough sleep and avoid overthinking and stressing on your weight. It fluctuates on daily basis. If you want to reduce the swelling of your leg, try to eat food that has diuretic property like parsley and cucumber. Eating broccoli also helps since it removes excessive estrogen in your body which is link to fluid retention.