Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    @RavenStCloud - Hang in there. And be gentle on yourself. Exercise is really more like the cherry on top. It's certainly not required for weight loss. But it is good for you so I'm glad you have clearance to ease back into it.

@shorepine - Eating healthy at conferences is a challenge. But good for you for overcoming any self-consciousness and working out at the hotel gym. I'm sure you are excited to get back to your usual routine.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,159 Member
    @speyerj i love restorative yoga, if you get a chance to try yin yoga it's even better!!
  • Savannah80
    Savannah80 Posts: 41 Member
    @speyerj - thank you for the praise. I am trying really hard and it is tough not to be disheartened when the scales don't reflect what I think I should be seeing. I am definitely pleased to be rid of that 17lb, but also think I shouldn't have let myself put on so much weight in the previous 6-7 months. So I'm annoyed with myself. I need to work hard now to undo the damage I've done.

@bluffgirl67 - Yes the scales are a great tool and good reality check. I was eating far too much in one sitting, I can see that now. Still running. I've arranged to go out with two ladies from the running club this evening to run another 6km or so. I find if I arrange to run with others I end up going no matter how I feel. Otherwise I'm liable to bunk down in front of the TV and think 'I'll do that run another day'. Hasta manana and all that! LOL

@Aerohead21 - Don't beat yourself up (I know, I should take my own advice!). We all have bad days. Thing is, if you have a bad day, right it off and get right back on plan. Its when you give up and start to have consecutive bad days that you undo your hard work. One fast food day won't derail you. Several will though. Are you eating enough calories on your diet plan? What's making you crave fast food?

@BrownSugar174 I'm beginning to think BMI isn't such a good measure too. For my height my 'ideal' range is 116lb - 158lb. Bang in the middle would be 137lb. There's no way on earth I am capable of getting down to 137lb. I've not weighed that since I was 20. I think I'm pushing it to get to 158lb to be honest, but I'm going to try.

I saw a good video on another forum that I thought I'd share to give you all food for thought.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPlPM0d7eQ&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3KpkRIreZtVWPH4ntzPZlj0v0aesb-tkCNNx7EXcBAjFzFous4KUbPE3A