Subway

Options
13»

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    I love subway myself. I just use the black Forrest ham sandwich option and enter 1.5 as the quantity amount. Then just get my Ham, American, Lettuce, Tomato, Extra Onions (typically just double w/e they put on there), Cucumbers, and Light Mayo. 500 calories assumed, no actual idea how many calories that is.
  • viczye23
    viczye23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Turkey and ham, used to get on honey oat but can't get honey oat here now. Always get cheese, lettuce, cucumber, mixed peppers, sweetcorn, pickles and a bit of mayo
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the other day about their bread. Nowhere in the wild have I ever seen a 6" roll with those calories. Do we think they're using the wiggle room of their margin for error by understating? Or are they bread wizards? 'd love to be able to source rolls like that for sandwiches at home.

My impression (from eating them) is that there is a ton of air in their bread.

Once I saw the bread just after they formed it, before it proofed. I said “Wow! How do you get that big loaf of bread out of that little bitty snake of dough?” Someone should just buy the bread, no filling, and weigh it—just to see.

Edited to add— I’m a bread baker— it definitely more than doubles.

They do something with their bread, not sure what. But of all the sub shops everywhere, their 9 grain is, among other things, lower in sodium than the others. Less salt? Less Baking soda? What? But it's the only "fast food" sub I'll have.
  • rehand1978
    rehand1978 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and I'm planning on eating a Subway sub for lunch daily. For me it is cost effective and I suppose a better option than fast food. I hate packing my lunch because I'm usually uninspired at 6 in the morning so I end up eating the most convenient thing I can find and that is usually fast food. Today I started with a 6" Turkey sub on 9 grain whole wheat with light mayo, extra spinach, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, and green peppers with salt and pepper. I felt adventurous today and went for the recommended cucumbers and green peppers on Subway's website and I am glad I did. The sub was pretty tasty. Tomorrow I believe will be another of the same since it was so good. I paired it with a 100 calorie pack of Cheez-its and some fresh fruit brought from home. It think the calories for my sub was right at 300 so I am satisfied this will work with my plan. Eating a sub is definitely better than giving into temptation when the hunger pains hit and I don't have a plan.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    From a European perspective: I had to eat a subways a few times on a US roadtrip due to lack of other options. I found the bread to be an insult, and what was on it rather tasteless. I don't understand the hype