Anyone saving their calories for Valentine's dinner?

I am! I've successfully resisted my kids chocolate and candy....so far!

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    No I got Pepperjax for lunch lol :D It was buy one entree get a second free! So I got an extra for my husband to have later tonight, if he wants. And I'm having a heart shaped pizza for dinner for the kids :)
  • janetm67
    janetm67 Posts: 6 Member
    I am. I've taken a look at the calories in the dinner we are making tonight and had to save them all. Right now I am starving and can't wait for dinner!
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have no kids and no candy :lol:

I do have an adorable heart shaped chocolate cake for dessert. Whole Foods always has steak on sale Valentine's Day week, so we are having that, potato salad (he loves) and a green salad.

Yum! My stomach growled reading that! I am making a roast and got sides from WF hot bar today. LOVE the convenience but man, so expensive!
  • sdavis484
    hesn92 wrote: »
    No I got Pepperjax for lunch lol :D It was buy one entree get a second free! So I got an extra for my husband to have later tonight, if he wants. And I'm having a heart shaped pizza for dinner for the kids :)

Love that! We don't have that restaurant here. Is there a national chain doing a heart shaped pizza?
  • sdavis484
    janetm67 wrote: »
    I am. I've taken a look at the calories in the dinner we are making tonight and had to save them all. Right now I am starving and can't wait for dinner!

I feel you, even though I had a huge lunch! My stomach smells the roast cooking.......
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I am saving my calories for a light dinner then a nice dessert treat and snacks with a movie!!!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited February 2020
    Having an ordinary dinner at home w/grilled NY steak, steamed wild rice & asparagus, a green salad w/lime dressing and wine w/my GF at home.

Exoect to burn a few extra cals in front of the fireplace afterward. So, no need to "save" any cals for the meal 2nite.

;)

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited February 2020
    Already had my treat. A mini mocha cupcake from the oh-so-decadent bakery down the street. Heavenly!

To the gym later to work it off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    My wife and I don't really do the Valentines Day thing (haven't been out to eat on Vday in about 16 years). It's Friday, which is the day we work out with our trainer...so those are our valentines plans. Tomorrow evening I'll make a more special occasion kind of dinner that we wouldn't normally have...probably beef filet and a veg...maybe surf and turf with crab legs.

Tonight will be our usual Friday night...gym with trainer and order pizza and watch a movie with the boys.
  • sdavis484
    Your family sounds exciting like mine! We have 3 boys. You?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2020
    Didn’t have to.
    NY strip and baked potato.
    Fit in my calorie budget fine. Hubs even did the dishes.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    I had way extra calories left over yesterday by accident so I splurged on breakfast this morning (valentines is less romantic, more show love to people). Our tradition is a special breakfast, this morning was donuts/cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs (compared to the usual cereal or toast for the kids). Tonight I made Monte Cristos, tater tots and grapes for a side. Relaxed finger foods but quite tasty!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm a li'l ol' lady live-alone widow, so no. (Not trying to be a downer, here, or complain: I'm a pretty happy person, including today. It's just not special, in my world. I'm cheering for everyone for whom it is special. Enjoy and value your date/partner/children/etc. while you have 'em. :) )

Eat something yummy and celebratory in my honor, if you feel like it: I'd send you a few calories to help cover it, if I could. ;););)

:flowerforyou:

#TeamAnn

I'm single, and doing treat yo'self. Coffee ice cream for a snack, and I get GF chicken tenders for dinner.
  • sdavis484
    I had way extra calories left over yesterday by accident so I splurged on breakfast this morning (valentines is less romantic, more show love to people). Our tradition is a special breakfast, this morning was donuts/cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs (compared to the usual cereal or toast for the kids). Tonight I made Monte Cristos, tater tots and grapes for a side. Relaxed finger foods but quite tasty!

Do you have an air fryer? How do you make Monte Cristos? I love them!
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    sdavis484 wrote: »

Do you have an air fryer? How do you make Monte Cristos? I love them!
    No air fryer - what I made was essentially grilled ham and cheese on French toast pan “fried” in butter, sprinkled with powdered sugar, dipped in red raspberry preserves. They most definitely met the high expectations my brain and tastebuds had set! I was afraid I would be disappointed.

https://eatatourtable.com/gluten-free-monte-cristo/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=858345282_36642200_250013
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I didn't intentionally save calories and had no special dinner planned, but after the day was nearly up, I realized I had room for an indulgence... could have gotten a Blizzard (one of my favorite late night treats), but got a banana shake instead. It was delicious! Oh, and picked it up on the way home from the gym, so I had even earned it lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    I'm single, spent the last few years joining my brother, SIL, and nephews to make personal pizzas. I stopped and bought "special" toppings plus two containers of ice cream (buy 1 get 1 free!). I cut calories a bit from lunch but worked out a lot and that covered the rest of my pizza and two scoops of ice cream.