Slow weightloss now

2»

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 2020
    Have you taken any diet breaks eating at maintenance calories did a couple of weeks? If not, I strongly recommend it.

FWIW I’m age 52, 5’1”, 133 lbs. and recently post-menopause. I have 7 lbs to go to reach my goal. I have my calorie goal set at 0.5 lbs per week and find it helpful to take diet breaks. I’ve lost 40ish lbs in approximately 2 years (most in the first year). I’m finding that focusing on maintenance periodically is helping keep me focused and helping me avoid binge cycles that have been problematic in the past.

No except my 50th I wasnt so strict for 3 weeks only had evening neal off plan and I gained 11 lbs in 3 weeks I wasnt even eating a lot - that’s when I swapped from WW to calorie counting after losing 50lbs in 14 months When I started cals I lost 18lbs in 9 weeks Christmas 2 days off plan = 9 lbs gain - I gain fast and lose fast week 1 as water
    So those are the only breaks I’ve had.

You maybe right tbh

Did you gain when you went to maintence calories ? What were you eating to lose and eating to maintain ( calories )

Thankyou
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    size102b wrote: »
    Have you taken any diet breaks eating at maintenance calories did a couple of weeks? If not, I strongly recommend it.

FWIW I’m age 52, 5’1”, 133 lbs. and recently post-menopause. I have 7 lbs to go to reach my goal. I have my calorie goal set at 0.5 lbs per week and find it helpful to take diet breaks. I’ve lost 40ish lbs in approximately 2 years (most in the first year). I’m finding that focusing on maintenance periodically is helping keep me focused and helping me avoid binge cycles that have been problematic in the past.

No except my 50th I wasnt so strict for 3 weeks only had evening neal off plan and I gained 11 lbs in 3 weeks I wasnt even eating a lot - that’s when I swapped from WW to calorie counting after losing 50lbs in 14 months When I started cals I lost 18lbs in 9 weeks Christmas 2 days off plan = 9 lbs gain - I gain fast and lose fast week 1 as water
    So those are the only breaks I’ve had.

You maybe right tbh

Did you gain when you went to maintence calories ? What were you eating to lose and eating to maintain ( calories )

Thankyou

The scale fluctuates a lot and I generally stay within a 3-4 pound range. I try to ignore fluctuations as much as possible. Sometimes it’s from a restaurant meal and will go away in a day or two. Other times my weight goes lower than expected just because I pooped... none of this is really weight loss or weight gain. If I weigh myself several times per day, I’ll get several different numbers from these fluctuations. The weight trending apps help you figure out if you are on a downward of upward trend. But I’ve found it helps my sanity just to know that the fluctuations exist and that my weight will fall in a certain range. Right now that is somewhere around 132-136. This morning was 134.5. Tomorrow may be slightly higher or lower. But none of the daily fluctuations are actually fat gain. If I saw that number climb to 137 or 138 I’d know that I’m headed in the wrong direction and would re-evaluate. I want to be able to maintain my weight once at goal. Every maintenance break is good practice. I’ve resolved that I’ll be logging my calorie intake forever and am ok with that. But that means I log days over on calories and days under on calories.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    You asked about my calorie intake as well. I generally average 1500-1600 calories per day. MFP has my calorie goal set at 1220 to lose a half pound per week. But I have a sedentary job. So I make sure to eat back exercise calories so I can properly fuel my workouts. Some days I’ve been 200 calories under the target. Other days I’ve been 1500 calories over. I use the weekly calorie stats to help me see how my calories are in balance when accounting for exercise.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Thankyou both appreciate your help