Sorry babe. That's a deal-breaker

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited February 2020
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    If she has photos of herself kissing another guy or getting all cutesy with him. Either clean that up, you haven't moved on and have no business talking to me, or you're ho'in around 😐

If you guys are only in the only talking stage, she’s allowed to keep her options open. So are you.

Maybe you are right
    If she has photos of herself kissing another guy or getting all cutesy with him. Either clean that up, you haven't moved on and have no business talking to me, or you're ho'in around 😐

I’m assuming you’re youngish and have only lived in the digital age.

I have actual photographs of people I haven’t heard from in 20, 30 years. Imo it would be wrong to expect someone who has had a life to get rid of those mementos.

At what point does it cross the line? Hypothetical situation: me and her got serious and in the future decide to get married. Still acceptable for her to keep photos of her kissing her ex? For me personally, that doesn't sit well.

Each to his own I guess but to me, asking me to amputate my history, my memories, to deny that they are part of me is a deal-breaking kind of possessiveness and insecurity.

Exes who were part of a friend group, exes with whom one co-parents and with whom one shares family memories, childhood sweethearts who are embedded in the narrative of our pasts - you can’t erase these.

ETA: I used to feel like you. The man I married had a girlfriend before me. He’d been with her for six years and she was very much a part of his life. His parents and sisters loved her. She’d been to all the family weddings and celebrations and her photo was everywhere. I pitched fits about it and had evidence of her systematically removed.

In hindsight it it was foolish of me to be jealous. It only hurt me (eta: and made him crazy). He loved me and his family fully embraced me. And whether the photos exist or not, it doesn’t change the fact that she was there.
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    I think the main dealbreaker for me is if they lack respect for me, thus unable to communicate effectively in the relationship and treat me as an equal. I’ve found individuals who are incapable of this usually cannot be truly intimate and form any real connection, and are prone to being very abusive.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

If you guys are only in the only talking stage, she’s allowed to keep her options open. So are you.

Maybe you are right

I have actual photographs of people I haven’t heard from in 20, 30 years. Imo it would be wrong to expect someone who has had a life to get rid of those mementos.

At what point does it cross the line? Hypothetical situation: me and her got serious and in the future decide to get married. Still acceptable for her to keep photos of her kissing her ex? For me personally, that doesn't sit well.

It probably depends on where she was kissing him.

You know, were they at the beach?

.....or somewhere really exotic, like Toledo.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2020

Maybe you are right

I don’t understand why it would be important to keep pictures of you and your exes kissing. I understand if it were candid pictures of you two on vacation, you doing something like.. canoeing or whatever and he/she just happened to be in the picture. But for someone to think it’s so important to keep pictures of memories of them kissing, I don’t get that part. I think that part is fair to ask them to delete if it’s that bothersome.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Pronouncing spaghetti as sghetti.
  • bidingmytime
    Pronouncing spaghetti as sghetti.

giphy.gif
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    A guy that is arrogant. I love confidence but arrogance is a huge turn off.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2020
    Grown men who play video games still is a real turn off..gives me sideeye but it can pass as long as he doesn’t take it that seriously..starts slamming *kitten*, yelling at the screen or loses track of time.

Better yet, plays with people online and starts cursing at them and calling them all sorts of pu$$ees.
    😑
  • Kimberleyb81
    Kimberleyb81 Posts: 12 Member
    An Irish accent !!! Swooooooon !
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Gross toenails, ewww
  • bidingmytime

giphy.gif
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

giphy.gif

Sooo, you're saying an Irish accent is a deal breaker? 🤔

Or were these meant for the weakness thread?
  • HHDancerL
    HHDancerL Posts: 12 Member
    not giving me space
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Giving and accepting gifts from another woman 🤯
  • bidingmytime
    edited February 2020

I was agreeing with @Kimberleyb81 that Irish accents make me swoon. Not a deal breaker in the least. Exact opposite, in fact! :smiley:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

I was agreeing with @Kimberleyb81 that Irish accents make me swoon. Not a deal breaker in the least. Exact opposite, in fact! :smiley:

Ohhh, .. I see 🙂 I just thought as it's the deal breaker thread. I think maybe she meant it for the my weakness in opposite sex thread ( whatever it's called)
    And I totally agree Irish accent *swoon*
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Grown men who play video games still is a real turn off..gives me sideeye but it can pass as long as he doesn’t take it that seriously..starts slamming *kitten*, yelling at the screen or loses track of time.

Better yet, plays with people online and starts cursing at them and calling them all sorts of pu$$ees.
    😑

Husband and I play video games together. However the freaking out, slamming and verbal abuse are very immature and not okay.
  • bidingmytime
    edited February 2020
    gothchiq wrote: »

Husband and I play video games together. However the freaking out, slamming and verbal abuse are very immature and not okay.

I remember pulling all-nighters and playing games to the point that I'd become irate when I couldn't get past a certain level. When I see viral videos nowadays of kids acting out while playing games, I understand to some extent how video games can flip some sort of switch in a person's mind and make them go cuckoo bananas. :trollface: