September Shred - RED TEAM! **CLOSED GROUP**

Options

Replies

• smc_125
    Options
    Are the weekly challenges from Friday to Friday?
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday & it kicked my butt. I hadn't exercised for 3 weeks & I probably should have started off with my WII Excercises first.

Great job!
    Are the weekly challenges from Friday to Friday?

Typically, yes. This first week is just different because the 1st was on a Thursday. The weight for this week was a starting weight. From now on we'll weigh in on Fridays.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm sorry for the late post. I am 28 years old and I'm 5'3 and 140 pounds. I've always played sports throughout my life, including rugby in college. This has always helped me stay fit, healthy, and strong and I always felt really good about myself. I left college at a very fit, muscular 130 pounds six years ago. Since college I have slowly put on weight, lost muscle, and gained fat. More significant though, I haven't been healthy. I'm not worried so much about the weight and inches; I just want to know I'm eating right and getting exercise to create heathy habits for life. I hope these mini challenges each week will keep my focus and help me get back on track and on a routine!

Awesome attitude! We have a great team.

Ken
  • christilena
    christilena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    good for you!! you look great girl!
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    totally kicked butt at the gym today! an hr and 10 min (total) of cardio with 30 min strength training! My main concern is that I'm gaining muscle faster than I am losing fat... ???
  • kelleman1
    Options
    My main concern is that I'm gaining muscle faster than I am losing fat... ???

I have no idea??

Got my 30 minutes in... elliptical!
  • klsnell1981
    Options
    My main concern is that I'm gaining muscle faster than I am losing fat... ???

I have no idea??

i only say that because even though the scale has been sluggish to move, my measurements are steadily decreasing... my clothes are getting roomier also... i think it's just a numbers game :(
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options

i only say that because even though the scale has been sluggish to move, my measurements are steadily decreasing... my clothes are getting roomier also... i think it's just a numbers game :(

If your clothes are getting roomier, you're doing something right! Don't worry about the scale as much as how you look and feel to yourself! Way to go! I might put my pics up at the end of the challenge, we shall see...went to the Minnesota State Fair yesterday and ate so very much. Good thing is, I counteracted it with walking around for about 6-7 hours!
  • teenyblnd2
    teenyblnd2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BAHHHH! I just saw the posted assignment for this week. SO...Here's a quick catch up.

Intro: my name is Jenna, i've been married to a wonderful man for 2 years and I'm starting my second year of law school. I was a college athlete for four years, and Since I graduated in 2009, I've fallen off the wagon. I still play a little bit (slowpitch, mostly) and I really HATE running. In fact, I think I'd rather sit through a few Time Share sales pitches than run a mile. BUT I have been working hard to run anyways, and I am finding that although I still hate running, it is an escape from school and housework!

I am very excited about this! God luck everyone! I will post pics tomorrow!
  • kelleman1
    Options
    Hi , Jenna!! :waves:

I'm still missing some starting weights... If I don't get them in a few days, we'll have to drop those people!

StartingWeights-4.jpg
  • kelleman1
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)
  • kelleman1
    Options
    I started the 30 DS today! I've started it before, but I think I only did 7 days, and they were very broken up!

If you search "30 day shred" in the forums you can see before/after pictures, and some of them are phenomenal! It made me want to start back up again! I hope I see a big change (and that I can stick with it!)

I'm just worried I'll end up gaining a lot because of it, so I'm making sure to drink a lot of water. I'm sooooo close to my next goal, I hope I don't get further away!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • warlocksmistress
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have just been reading through all your stories. :) Sorry it took so long for me to post, I kinda lost the thread, and have been busy with back to school time. I LOVE it when the kids go back to school!

I am 27 years old, mom of 2 girls, 9 and 3. I was very tiny and skinny throughout my teens, but after my oldest daughter was born, I kinda ballooned and didn't really care much about it. After a couple years of this, I made the decision to work on my health, and successfully went from 150 lbs to 123 lb. Then got preganant with baby #2, and although my weight has varied, I don't feel happy with the shape of my body expecially my tummy. :(

Right now I am single parenting as my hubby has moved to another city about 13 hours away for a new job. I am using this opportunity to take some much needed time for myself and focus on eating healthier (I tend to be a BAAAD emotional eater!) and get in some exercise. I am on day 10 of the 30 day shred, and my 3 year old loves to do it along with me. I have to be careful I don't hit her with a hand weight! LOL.

I'm 5' 2", and my starting weight as of Sept 1st was 124 lbs. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight of 105 within 2 to 3 months.
  • kelleman1
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have just been reading through all your stories. :) Sorry it took so long for me to post, I kinda lost the thread, and have been busy with back to school time. I LOVE it when the kids go back to school!

I am 27 years old, mom of 2 girls, 9 and 3. I was very tiny and skinny throughout my teens, but after my oldest daughter was born, I kinda ballooned and didn't really care much about it. After a couple years of this, I made the decision to work on my health, and successfully went from 150 lbs to 123 lb. Then got preganant with baby #2, and although my weight has varied, I don't feel happy with the shape of my body expecially my tummy. :(

Right now I am single parenting as my hubby has moved to another city about 13 hours away for a new job. I am using this opportunity to take some much needed time for myself and focus on eating healthier (I tend to be a BAAAD emotional eater!) and get in some exercise. I am on day 10 of the 30 day shred, and my 3 year old loves to do it along with me. I have to be careful I don't hit her with a hand weight! LOL.

I'm 5' 2", and my starting weight as of Sept 1st was 124 lbs. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight of 105 within 2 to 3 months.

Welcome, Walocksmistress! I'm on Day 2 of the 30DS, lol. I'm excited to see our progress! I've seen that a lot of people often lose more inches than weight. I love losing weight, but what I really need is to lose inches off my big ol' booty, LOL!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Goals Achieved!!!! 5 workouts ( I ran in a 5k race on Monday which was just under 30 minutes but I did warm up for about 5 minutes so I am counting it as 30 :smile: ) I do have such a hard time drinking all of my water, does anybody else have a hard time and how do you find ways other than drinking 4 glasses at the end of the day!
  • kelleman1
    Options
    Week 1 Goals Achieved!!!! 5 workouts ( I ran in a 5k race on Monday which was just under 30 minutes but I did warm up for about 5 minutes so I am counting it as 30 :smile: ) I do have such a hard time drinking all of my water, does anybody else have a hard time and how do you find ways other than drinking 4 glasses at the end of the day!

Great job, Ken!

As for water, I always have a water bottle with me wherever I go, even at home. It reminds me to stay hydrated. I usually drink at least 1 cup of water with my meals and snacks. It's easy when you're used to having it around. My husband and I drink a lot though, I think more than average.
  • lovebug1982
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Becky I'm 29 and going to reach my goal weight for my 30th bday. I have 7been lbs to go and totally excited. I started at 167lbs. Last Friday I lost 2 lbs so I was at 165lbs. My next weigh in is Friday so I hoping for a good number.
  • klsnell1981
    Options

wtg!! i bought a reusable 33oz water bottle and i usually wind up drinking 2 of them at the gym alone! i try to drink a glass before each meal also....
  • BrigettaBennett
    Options
    When is the first weigh in?
  • kelleman1
    Options
    Becky: Welcome and good luck tomorrow!

klsnell: Hubby and I use reusable water bottles, too, and we have a filtered water pitcher.
    When is the first weigh in?

Tomorrow!!! :smile: