Please advise me! Wat do you think of this meal plan?

Redxoxo5
Redxoxo5 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone

I’m new here. I have been working out consistently for one year now but I never paid attention to nutrition. Now I really wanna focus on that. Recently my trainer gave me a meal plan to follow. The thing is I don’t know if I should follow or or not. You see I’m only 18, female, 5.2ft and weigh 62kg. My goal is to lose fat and “tone up”. I workout 6 days per week. 4 days I work with my trainer and other 2 days I do kickboxing.

The cals that the trainer gave me seems too low. I’m not sure. Different days there are calorie goal to hit. For example Monday 1150 cals and Tuesday 1300 cals? When I add up all the calories for the whole week, they just seem too low. I checked IIFYM tdee calculator and that was telling me to eat 1600 cals daily to lose weight. However my trainers numbers are too low.

This is an example of week 2 cals.

Monday- 1300 cals
Tue- 1170 cals
Wed- 1270cals
Thurs- 980 cals
Fri- 1240 cals
Sat- 1350 cals
Sun- 1770 cals

I asked the trainer should I eat back the exercise cals? The trainer said no. I just dnt understand....
I’m gonna be honest. The workouts that my trainer gives me is really good. I feel amazing after. It’s just the nutrition part I’m not sure about.

What do you think?
Please give advise😞 should I follow this plan or should I just stick to Mfp calorie goal?

Thanks x

Replies

• Redxoxo5
    amtyrell wrote: »
    What number does mfp give you when you put in your stats and then set it for 1 lb a week. You should eat that many calories and half your excercise calories back.
    Less then 1200 is a horrible idea. Particularly as you are only 18 and likely still growing a little bit.
    Trainers are not nutritionists. They will often give you an absurdly low number as they know people often do not calculate correctly and they care more about short term weight loss then how healthy you will be as you age.

Thanks for replying☺️ currently my activity level is set to lightly active and the rate of loss is set to 0.2kg per week. So currently it’s giving me 1600 cals to eat. On day to day basis I’m not active. I just workout 30-40 mins 6 days a week. Yeah, less than 1200 is defo too low. Somehow my trainer has helped other clients and they followed my trainers meal plan and stuff.
  • Redxoxo5
    gothchiq wrote: »
    With all those workouts and such low calories (especially for a young person) I would expect you to feel lousy and lose muscle. Eat back your exercise calories. If there are funds to see a nutritionist or dietitian, then do that. Also: WTF with the 980 calorie day? For an active 18 year old? I'm sorry but that is just not safe at all.

Thanks for replying☺️ yes I actually feel quite tired and moody most of the time. Yeah I’m thinking to see one. When I saw 980 cals I was like woahhhh that’s way too low😕
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited February 2020
    Redxoxo5 wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »
    What number does mfp give you when you put in your stats and then set it for 1 lb a week. You should eat that many calories and half your excercise calories back.
    Less then 1200 is a horrible idea. Particularly as you are only 18 and likely still growing a little bit.
    Trainers are not nutritionists. They will often give you an absurdly low number as they know people often do not calculate correctly and they care more about short term weight loss then how healthy you will be as you age.

Thanks for replying☺️ currently my activity level is set to lightly active and the rate of loss is set to 0.2kg per week. So currently it’s giving me 1600 cals to eat. On day to day basis I’m not active. I just workout 30-40 mins 6 days a week. Yeah, less than 1200 is defo too low. Somehow my trainer has helped other clients and they followed my trainers meal plan and stuff.

You don't really know if the other clients were fully compliant either by choice or because they simply ate more food than they realized.

Even assuming that some of the other clients were compliant they may have different stats than you that make less calories easier to tolerate.

Also, a lot of people feel that smoking a cigarette relieves stress. It is a method that works for them. Just because a method produces results does not mean it is an ideal method.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Fire that trainer. I’m 32, 5’3” and not even a quarter as active as you are, and I can still lose weight at around 1700-1800 calories per day.