Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Yesterday was both good and bad. My boss gave me a raise and asked me to look into health insurance he can offer me as an employer. I have my own but it would be so much nicer to get it through my job!

Alex's boss went on vacation and before he left Alex had given him a breakdown of the money he still owes him. Yesterday Alex went and picked up his check and it was just his normal check for Friday.. without the back pay!!!! 😡😡

@Snowflake1968 it's funny you say that because I'm always jealous of the pictures with snow!

@jeschepp they were sooooo good but yes, very rich, I could only eat 3 😂

Yesterday 2/18:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Finish work at 5:20😔
    4. Do workout😔 ended up working late

JFT 2/19:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Do workout
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

☘☘Aubrette: (aubyshortcake) (Feb 17,18)
    ☘️☘️Terri: (TerriRichardson112) (Feb 17,18)
    ☘️Gwen: (beachwalker) (Feb 17)
    Hannah: (HEGoddard) (Feb
    ☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515) (Feb 17)
    ☘️Jennifer: (jeschepp) (Feb 17)
    ☘Lisa: (SERmom3) (Feb 17)
    Jen: (withgoodfirm) (Feb
    ☘️Joan: (mytime6630) (Feb 17)
    Tracie: (Snowflake1968) (Feb
    ☘️☘️ZizzyBumble (Feb 17,18)
    Nikki: (pridesabtch) (Feb
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Print/find Caesar summaries. Print presentation evals. Sign up for a cart for Thursday.
    3. Meetings. Use roster to mark who has turned in scholarly analysis. Revise unit notes. Print after meeting.
    4. Yoga. Revise unit plan. Chop celery. Pack lunch.
    5. Dinner. Fold laundry.
    6. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH. Note - when redoing work on CommonLit, students must ask to have the assignment unsubmitted so that they can see which answers they picked.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website.
    3. Class A: Vocab day 3. Caesar introduction; poetry test and presentations tomorrow. Collect progress reports.
    4. Class B: Grammar work. Caesar introduction. Writing prompt.
    5. Planning: Get Caesar parallel texts. Call parents if no PR returned. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades. Write blog post.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Play practice. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Thursday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    Today: 198.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. *sigh* Everything sucks right now.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    edited February 2020

☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515) (Feb 17)
    ☘☘️Lisa: (SERmom3) (Feb 17,18)

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Added my shamrock above. Not sure what makes more sense; quoting it and adding my own or tagging Terri 🤷‍♀️

TUESDAY:
    - Track everything 🟢
    - Stay green🟢
    - Skiing today!🟢

Yesterday was great! I spent most of my day on the bunny hill with my youngest, but she improved so much! She’s ready to try a bigger trail, but she didn’t want to get on the chairlift this time. Next time for sure! I did get to ski some big trails with my older two as well. We’ve put in so much work over the years getting them independent on the slopes it’s finally starting to pay off!

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - Track everything
    - Stay green
    - Pack up the condo we’re staying at and head home
    - Lots of laundry when we get back
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Good luck HEGoddard! I had a tumor the size of a basketball with another the size of an orange removed about ten years ago. Make sure you keep moving through recovery as your doctor allows--it really helps.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap T 2/18
    1) 6 a.m. shoveled snow 43 minutes ~ thank heavens for hubby & snowblower! happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,236 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Log meals & snacks / net calories green / 14c water (taper off late afternoon ~ don't want to be on hike and have to go) = Not sure if my exercise cals are accurate (shoveling & snowshoe) but net cals green :smiley: sodium -1,063 :s sugar -19 :/ fiber excellent, protein low-ish :/ 14c water
    4) BC-CC finalize summary, draft report & submit for review :smiley: / G-PT if time :neutral: just restarted at end of day
    5) Change clothes & be at Quarry Park parking lot 5 p.m. for snowshoe hike = :mrgreen: Great snowshoe hike on trail along Duck Creek, even had a small hill mid-way to test my stamina & skills. Tracked on my app & we snowshoed .94 mi. Ended an hour after sunset so headlamps on during last half, and we could see several planets, constellation Orion, and other stars.
    6) Evening: call mom & dad :smiley:<3 / chores? lol ~ I was bushed!
    7) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :/ too tired / retainers :/ ditto / bed & tv off 10 :smiley: BEFORE! (treadmill W before work)

JFT W 2/19 happy Hump Day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Log meals & snacks (not sure what's happening for supper) / net calories green / 14c water
    3) Evening plans & supper?
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10 (treadmill R before work since lunchtime snowshoe hike will be canceled due to wind chills below 0F)

Today I skipped the treadmill b/c I just couldn't do it after yesterday's activities... just going to adjust for rest of the week. Tonight have plans w/ BFF to go bowling (?) ~ should be a hoot, I haven't bowled in over 25 years. We haven't worked out details yet so I'm not sure about supper, but I will be mindful.

@mytime6630 and @HEGoddard0928 Keeping you both in thought & prayer especially today.

Shamrock Challenge: 2X (17,18)

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member

☘️☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515) (Feb 17,18)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited February 2020

☘️☘️Gwen: (beachwalker) (Feb 17,18)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 @mytime6630 Thinking positives thoughts for both of you (((Hugs)))
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member

☘️☘️Gwen: (beachwalker) (Feb 17,18)

@TerriRichardson112 Can you add me please? I need something to kick me into gear... I have one for the 17th to include.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    mmm