Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Replies

• @Tarzan37: Consider, in the short term, getting a memory foam topper for your bed. It's cheaper than getting a new mattress and can add some cushioning where it counts. I'm a hip sleeper too, and I know how that goes. Boyfriend and I will probably need to replace our mattress sooner than later, but we were both large for most of its life, and there are divots where we sleep.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    The past week has been busy! I've read every post; just a few notes to say hello this morning!

@brownsugar174 thanks for posing that thought provoking question about when we started loving ourselves and thanks to all who shared. My heart goes out to @bluffgirl67, @mmdevaux, @brownsugar174 and @lbostic89 especially for their responses. I think I have always loved myself but also felt I was not good enough. I can source that feeling to a lot of events/people in my life. But for me, the more profound thing is when I started to demonstrate I love for myself - by choosing myself over other people who were hurting me or not looking out for me. I am getting better at this as I get older for sure. Leaving my ex-husband after 13 years of his mental illness and emotional abuse, standing up for myself in a workplace sexual harassment situation, and leaving a serious boyfriend when he told me he didn't want to have a child with me are three instances where I stood up for myself and truly learned my own strength. I handled each of these situations with compassion for the other people involved but - I chose me - and I am so glad I did.

@pamiede congratulations on losing 100 pounds! That is such a huge accomplishment. I can see the joy in your photo. You are an inspiration!

@speyerj congratulations on the 5K! I am in awe of your commitment and hard work.

@tarzan37 I'm sorry your mom and sister are not well. I hope that the are able to find the cause for you soon. Take care of yourself in this process. Sending you a hug.

@sharpdust hang in there. This is a rollercoaster and just when we think we have it all figured out, we find out we have more learning and growing to do. Do your best to figure out why you are making certain choices. But forgive and love yourself in the process and move forward.

@keriA so impressed with your dedication; I can tell you are really making changes in your routine.

@Bella_Figura I love the way you are reframing the weight loss process. I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, it would be lovely to eat with abandon and watch Netflix all day and still be super healthy and fit. But that combo is not an option! I feel so fortunate that something clicked and made me start trying to take care of myself again - I mean, how many times did I say I would but not actually do it! I am learning so much interesting information about my body, my mind, food, and exercise. I know that I am going to a much better quality of life when I am older and hopefully live longer due to the choices I am making now. And I am a much happier person in the process. I feel like so many things are possible.

@tarzan37 and @CupcakeCrusoe in addition to wacky cycle/TOM changes, my hair is falling out, I am freezing cold most of the time, and I am exhausted when I go to bed but then wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. I have an appointment with my GP next month but I do think losing weight is the cause for most of these items!
  • MyBeth1
    MyBeth1 Posts: 30 Member
    I'll have to try that! Thank You BrookeLynn
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe - I'll definitely try those stretches on the steps. Thanks for the idea!! :)

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - I try to focus on the protein everyday, trying to reach my goal. It's not always easy, though. And I think I'm going to have to stretch more... maybe I'm not stretching enough.

@speyerj - I had to google about the foam roller, I'm going to have to get one. :)

Thank you all for your suggestions!! :smiley:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    @alexandra & @ cupcake thanks for the encouragement. My positive was that managed to leave the last one of those delicious chocolatey brownies for someone else.
    @aliciap0116 when you go for that GP appt, include your thyroid hormones - those ssx are often from hypo
    @Bella_Figura I love your framework of opportunity!
  • aliciap0116
    Thank you @cory17! I will check into that
  • aliciap0116
    @kali31337 congratulations!! That is a huge milestone. Well done!!