What is the most disturbing thing that society accepts as a normal behaviour?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Another from the Gen X files: Raising up females to believe they can't do repairs of any sort and not teaching them the several tricks to open jars that are stuck. I still see it. Women at the gas station who don't know how to put air in their tires or change their air filter. Imma show you. It takes 5 minutes.

I theoretically know how to change a tire, oil, put air in the tires but I’ve never actually had to do it. I’m torn between thinking it’s learned helplessness or that delegating is an equally important skill.

Changing the tire can be difficult if the person who put the tire on used air tools to tighten the lug nuts. Get a can of Liquid Wrench and a cheat bar to improve your chances and keep them in your trunk with your other tools. Blast stubborn lug nuts with liquid wrench, give it a few minutes, insert cheat bar into one of the ends of the lug wrench for leverage, and stomp the cheat bar. If this fails, call AAA. Also keep a crowbar on hand. It's good for leverage and it's good as a creep deterrent.

The air: super easy. unscrew the valve stem caps, put your pressure gauge on there and see current pressure/how much air you need. Put the coins/credit card in the air machine and pump until it hits that pressure. Modern machines can be digitally set to the pressure you choose. Inside the driver's side door of your car it probably states the ideal air pressure or you can find it on the side wall of the tires. Machines are set to default at 32 psi. put back valve stem caps before driving away.

Changing oil: I still have a hangup about this. I have an irrational fear that the car is going to fall and crush me. Trying to get past that.

I have a credit card.

A credit card you say? Let's go empty that sucker 😃

I’ve maxed it out already.....

But I have a couple of checks left in my checkbook!
  • Motorsheen
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Big crowds of parents smoking at the school gate entrance every morning

Easy Fix

Get yourself an aerosol can of room freshener and spray your way through the nicotine gauntlet.

.... they’ll get the message.
  • Motorsheen
    jm_1234 wrote: »

What kind of bars were you going to??

...... and can I have the address?

It wouldn't matter, you've got to have the bait to catch the fish, and desperate guys usually don't have it. And don't forget to...

dpzpxoy52u32.png

See what you made me go do? I was just trying to be a hoot like you. Now I feel :'( for joking about a serious topic and perpetuating the normalization of misandry.

Wait.

It’s a serious topic?

Who Knew ??
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Purity Balls and daddy daughter date nights
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Oh this would irk me...

What really drives me nuts are all the parents that stand right in front of the classroom door so they can watch their kid until the door closes... Omg stop coddling your kid and move out of the way so my kid can get through the freaking door 🙄...

And on another note... It really irks me when I'm running and I come across someone smoking outside on the sidewalk... All this effort and fresh air interrupted by a cloud of tobacco 🙄
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    How is anal sex normal behavior? Im lost on how you even thought of writing that. No sexual behavior are normal. Laughing out loud

I never understood the logic of people finding *kitten* sexually attractive... like 💩stools come out of there. Is it normal that people are ok with sticking their thing where *kitten* comes out of? IDK🤮🙂

I guess you'd have to ask the millions of people who've been into it over the last 4,000 years.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Oh this would irk me...

What really drives me nuts are all the parents that stand right in front of the classroom door so they can watch their kid until the door closes... Omg stop coddling your kid and move out of the way so my kid can get through the freaking door 🙄...

And on another note... It really irks me when I'm running and I come across someone smoking outside on the sidewalk... All this effort and fresh air interrupted by a cloud of tobacco 🙄

Omg I hate this too, my daughter is tiny for 4 and the parents just stand in the way as she squeezes through 🙈

You know what else irks me for that matter?

Pedestrians that stand right at the edge of the curb when waiting for the cross signal 🙄, and double if they have a stroller sticking half-way out in the street 🙄🙄...

It's like, you don't have to be standing right on the edge so you can cross the very microsecond the cross signal appears... Oh I'm getting worked up just thinking about it 🔥... 😂
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2020
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    How is anal sex normal behavior? Im lost on how you even thought of writing that. No sexual behavior are normal. Laughing out loud

I never understood the logic of people finding *kitten* sexually attractive... like 💩stools come out of there. Is it normal that people are ok with sticking their thing where *kitten* comes out of? IDK🤮🙂

I guess you'd have to ask the millions of people who've been into it over the last 4,000 years.

I know why they like it I just can’t understand how they can look past that fact and be ok.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2020
    And one more thing...

Why are half the kids in the world all of a sudden named Caiden or Aiden...

shame on you - that's both my kids' names! the nerve

:D

(jk)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited February 2020
    And one more thing...

Why are half the kids in the world all of a sudden named Caiden or Aiden? ...

Brayden & Jayden too. I wrote a whole long post about this after my kids’ assembly last year but didn’t publish because I didn’t want to hurt feelings
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    And one more thing...

Why are half the kids in the world all of a sudden named Caiden or Aiden...

shame on you - that's both my kids' names! the nerve

:D

(jk)

🙈... 😂...

Really?

I'm probably going to po a handful of people with that one 😂...
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Mr_Healthy_Habits

you saw the j/k right? if not - put your glasses on. :D

and another thing!! :p<3
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2020
    And one more thing...

Brayden & Jayden too. I wrote a whole long post about this after my kids’ assembly last year but didn’t publish because I didn’t want to hurt feelings

Sooo true. One of my close friends had a son named Aidan born in the late 90s and she thought she was being super-original choosing an old family name, Their family doctor was like "Adrienne? What!?".

Then she was constantly griping about this when he got into elementary school and every third kid was Jayden, Caden, Braydon, Hayden, Laydan, etc.
  • Motorsheen
    bojack5 wrote: »
    The "sport" of boxing. Anybody else look at two people in a ring throwing punches at each other to be something that should've been left in the Dark Ages? Especially given all the research showing cumulative brain damage? I don't get it and I grew up in the age of the much-celebrated fights of Ali, Liston, Frazier, Foreman, etc.

I strongly but respectfully disagree

Same here.

It’s the sweet science.
  • Motorsheen
    And one more thing...

My kids’ names have no vowels.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    And one more thing...

Same. If you pronounce them out loud you might summon an evil spirit
  • Motorsheen
    And one more thing...

Same. If you pronounce them out loud you might summon an evil spirit

While driving Starbucks baristas completely insane.