What book are you reading?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I just finished This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel. I highly recommend it; quick read and truly enlightening as to what a parent of a transgender individual might go through. The author is a parent of a transgender child herself but didn't base her novel on her real life experiences but certainly gives one food for thought of what a parent could go through.
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    33c9y6vu0qpj.jpeg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    LynNite wrote: »
    33c9y6vu0qpj.jpeg
    How is it?
  • diamonds1202
    diamonds1202 Posts: 24 Member
    Severance by Ling Ma
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    axgdx2ahe8vk.jpg
  • JellybeansMomFl
    JellybeansMomFl Posts: 15 Member
    The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
  • Essenzookzee
    Essenzookzee Posts: 3,002 Member
    u54zs54u9xaz.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Yes, I'm a nerd. Get over it.

5356d634-2ea4-4e24-b173-1e57732378d8_1.1c5d03fdcfde008e931b291769ea5c7a.jpeg?odnWidth=450&odnHeight=450&odnBg=ffffff
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Severance by Ling Ma

This *really* stuck with me.
    u54zs54u9xaz.jpeg

LOVED this one... big fan!
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    LynNite wrote: »
    33c9y6vu0qpj.jpeg
    How is it?

It’s really good so far! It has reflection questions at the end of each chapter/section to really help me work through some stuff.

• "Thank You For My Service" by Matt Best.... "Black Rifle Coffee Co" founder

I used to enjoy Mat Best's videos, and such. But, IMO, he's long past his 15 minutes of fame.

k8eekins wrote: »
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Clint Emerson's "The Right Kind of Crazy: My Life as a Navy SEAL, Covert Operative and Boy Scout from Hell."

I can relate to the last one. :lol:
    As a newbie to Dungeons & Dragons I'm reading the D&D Players Handbook.

Which edition? I haven't played in years....

I'm not the least bit surprised you relate :wink: Absolutely appreciated his raw truth telling accounts, which depicted its realities less the glamourised retells a la select portrayals on the big/small screen.

One of these days I'll have to add it to my reading list. I think too many people either are afraid to speak up on things for fear of retaliation. Or, they Hollywoodize things simply to try and make money.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    just finishing this (started at the end of my vacation.... perfect beach book and i was staying in the area it is set in td05fdn1mz0e.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    b118v1vgicwv.jpg

Excellent writing, disturbing & comical subject matter.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    Just finished the fourth book and now starting the last book of The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm reading El lector de Julio Verne, by Almudena Grandes. It's part of Episodios de una guerra interminable (Episodes of a never-ending war), which is a superb series about how the people who lost the Spanish Civil War managed to survive (and live) during the post-war years and the dictatorship.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    I started a book recommended here but the first few pages convinced me of the horrible meaninglessness of everything

Next up I’m supposed to be starting Gnomon
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    🙂0topk0ebl433.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Warriors_Bluestar%27s_prophecy.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    Dead to Her by Sarah Pinborough

It's slow going and I'm not that into it. I think I've figured out a major "shocker" for later in the book and that's a little disappointing....meh
  • PrimaryAdjunctOfUnimatrix1010
    edited March 2020
    Just ordered these from the local, independent bookshop. I've almost finished Ezra Klein's book. Next up is Plain, Honest Men.

50j4og4vxtdx.jpg