Healthy/semi-healthy Starbucks drinks?

Replies

• runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Black coffee. Low in calories and doesn't take 15-20 minutes for me to get my drink.
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    I like their Flat White. It's 170 calories which isn't great, but compared to most of their drinks it's low calorie.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Every so often I order their caramel latte (not sure of their branded name for it) but I request it "half sweet" with either coconut or almond milk. No whipped stuff on top and no swirls of caramel or whatever other weirdness they try adding to it.

For the record, Starbucks needs UNSWEETENED dairy milk substitutes for their behind-the-counter barista beverages as well as on the counter for regular brew drinkers. "Regular people" aren't going to notice, it's the same price to Starbucks (in terms of what they're using now) and it's so much healthier.

The above is the reason I usually only order a short double espresso from them.

UGH yes! I hate how they don't offer unsweetened dairy milk substitutes. No one wants the sweetened kind!!
  • Excellent suggestions, friends. Looks like I'm going to have my coffee and drink it, too (and, lose weight?) Thank you very much!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hi I love my mocha it’s once a week. But if I’m trying to go hard on the diet I get a skinny mocha I thought no there’s a secret recipe way but I can’t remember
  • jeff97266
    jeff97266 Posts: 93 Member
    I like Starbuck's cold brew coffee on tap; it seems to always be smooth and tastes good without cream and sugar which is where most calories are found in coffee drinks.
  • angelexperiment
    Today I had a caffe americano venti says it’s 25 cal for venti. I added my own stevia. I will have to reacquaint my taste buds with this. After getting my drink yesterday and realized it’s 400 cal I think I’ll adjust. Gotta choose wisely I can plan for it however it’s gotta be in my budget calories. I forgot and got it luckily I had some room. But that can really take you over a lot if you aren’t careful. Maybe I’ll start doing what I used to and get it bring it home and make my drink for half my morning a keto coffee and blend it up. It was very good. And I like the idea of a Starbucks thread maybe we keep it going? Like what we had and adjustments we made? I really love Starbucks lol it’s my only real vice anymore
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hot: brewed coffee, Americano, nonfat Misto (all with or without sugar free syrup)
    Cold: iced coffee or cold brew with a splash of 2% and sugar free syrup.
    If I have extra calories to spare, I'll get mocha syrup or the sweet cream in cold brew.
  • angelexperiment
    My next visit I was hoping to find a way to get a smoked butterscotch latte skinny if I can low sugar or sugar free syrup? Suggestions? I really miss
    My mocha 😕 trying out other things
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I'm usually a frappuccino kinda person. But on days I get those, I have to budget my calories. I still have them swap almond milk in there to cut the calories down a little bit, sometimes remove the whipped cream.
    Lately, though, I've been getting iced caramel lattes with almond or coconut milk. The smallest size (I forget what they call them) comes out to around 70 calories.

PSA, Starbucks has an online menu where you can customize any drink you want and see what the nutritional info is. I use it when I feel like changing up my order.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I like a cappuccino, no sweetener. With whole milk, a grande is 120 calories, I believe. Sometimes I would ask for low fat or fat free milk.

I haven't been to Starbucks in months, and my "daily habit" was the black tea, but I enjoyed the occasional cappuccino.
  • angelexperiment
    I'm usually a frappuccino kinda person. But on days I get those, I have to budget my calories. I still have them swap almond milk in there to cut the calories down a little bit, sometimes remove the whipped cream.
    Lately, though, I've been getting iced caramel lattes with almond or coconut milk. The smallest size (I forget what they call them) comes out to around 70 calories.

PSA, Starbucks has an online menu where you can customize any drink you want and see what the nutritional info is. I use it when I feel like changing up my order.

So helpful 😊
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Decaf, sugar free caramel, sugar free blueberry, or sugar free coconut latte with almond milk from DD.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Black coffee or americano (because they don’t keep decaf brewed anymore—grrr). I’m boring (but it’s low-cal!). I guess I do add a little cocoa and cinnamon.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    My next visit I was hoping to find a way to get a smoked butterscotch latte skinny if I can low sugar or sugar free syrup? Suggestions? I really miss
    My mocha 😕 trying out other things

Do you follow themacrobarista on Instagram? He used to be a barista at Starbucks and has a ton of macro-friendly hacks on popular drinks. I believe he had one for the smoked butterscotch the other day. I believe it was an Americano with one pump of smoked butterscotch, one pump caramel, and a splash of half-and-half. You can sub almond milk if desired. Add your own low calorie sweetener, or ask for two packets of stevia blended. It's a very low calorie drink -- less than 100 calories, I believe.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I can't stand skimmed milk in coffee so when I have one from a coffee place I'll have a cortado which is small and delicious, made with whole milk and about 75 kcal. Otherwise a small semi skimmed latte is a happy medium for me. I mostly drink my coffee black at home but I resent going out for coffee to pay £3 for a black coffee I could make better at home.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    nuzziek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Every so often I order their caramel latte (not sure of their branded name for it) but I request it "half sweet" with either coconut or almond milk. No whipped stuff on top and no swirls of caramel or whatever other weirdness they try adding to it.

For the record, Starbucks needs UNSWEETENED dairy milk substitutes for their behind-the-counter barista beverages as well as on the counter for regular brew drinkers. "Regular people" aren't going to notice, it's the same price to Starbucks (in terms of what they're using now) and it's so much healthier.

The above is the reason I usually only order a short double espresso from them.

UGH yes! I hate how they don't offer unsweetened dairy milk substitutes. No one wants the sweetened kind!!

I agree they should offer unsweetened options, but I disagree that no one likes the sweetened ones, I really like their Coconut Milk, it’s just sweet enough for me. I order a blonde Coconut Latte and love it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    I used to only get frappuccinos or white chocolate mochas which are a half day of calories. I switched to a Venti cold brew with vanilla sweet cream then got it down to light vanilla sweet cream. I started making my own cold brew at home and lately have been adding Premiere protein chocolate or caramel to half concentrate instead of water. Slightly more calories, my version tastes better, is cheaper, and has 30g protein. However if pumpkin cream is available I'll hit Starbucks for a light version, love that stuff!
  • angelexperiment
    Decaf, sugar free caramel, sugar free blueberry, or sugar free coconut latte with almond milk from DD.

My friend who was a die hard dd fan said they never make them right and didn’t taste similar to her favorite vanilla chill or whatever it’s called but I’d try some you mentioned just to research 🤤
  • angelexperiment
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I used to only get frappuccinos or white chocolate mochas which are a half day of calories. I switched to a Venti cold brew with vanilla sweet cream then got it down to light vanilla sweet cream. I started making my own cold brew at home and lately have been adding Premiere protein chocolate or caramel to half concentrate instead of water. Slightly more calories, my version tastes better, is cheaper, and has 30g protein. However if pumpkin cream is available I'll hit Starbucks for a light version, love that stuff!

I’ve never heard of this pumpkin cream but I think it was meant for me 😍